jus got home frm being sleeved on wed!

miss_shavontae
on 6/3/11 8:33 am
i was having trouble getting my fluids down but evrything is good now. im still happy with my decision even tho im hurting. this gas is killing me. blah. thank Goodness for meds! lol

i didn't get any real discharge instructions, im assuming this is still stage one like on pre-op diet right?

but yea, thats the update.. nothing too much happened. can't remember the surgery itself, jus the pain i woke up in.

again thanks for yur prayers & kind words! =]
No More Spanx
on 6/3/11 8:41 am - Rock Island, IL
Glad to hear you are home and on your way to your new life!  Congratulations.  Only 8 more days and I will be joining you on the "other side".

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

cindibarre
on 6/3/11 8:41 am - Danforth, ME
Congrats on being able to keep liquids down and getting home from hospital.  Don't know who you're doctor is but mine has us on two weeks liquid diet before and two weeks after surgery.  If the surgeon has a nutritionist give them a call.  Most important is to ge****er down.  Again my doctor wants us to have 4-6 cups a day building back up to 8 cups a day.  Good luck with your recovery and congrats on being on the losers bench!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/3/11 9:06 am, edited 6/3/11 9:08 am
Congrats on your shiny new sleeve!  This time next week you'll be feeling much better... the first few days suck, but it gets better fast.  I'm on day 11 and would say I'm at about 90% back to my pre-surgery self in terms of pain/discomfort.

If it's helpful, my surgeon has his post-op diet instructions online so you can review those if you need some guidance. 

Right now the most important thing is to get in your fluids and protein (64oz total each day) as both are crucial to a smooth recovery; your body needs both to heal.  It can be a challenge given how little you can get in at a time, but if you do 1oz every 15 minutes while you're awake, that will get you there (more on this and the next step of working fluids in on my blog).

Congrats again and glad to hear you're home and doing well!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

dentalhygieny
on 6/3/11 1:04 pm - MN
Thanks for the website from your surgeon....I found it chalked full of information and I even bookmarked it so I can go back and review it...
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

dejahsmom096
on 6/3/11 9:10 am
Glad to hear you are well and had an unventful surgery.
T.R       

Jenijeni
on 6/3/11 10:03 am
Welcome home!! hope you're out of pain quickly!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

sleeve genie
on 6/3/11 10:35 am - Alhambra, CA
Yeah for you,  finally,  you have your sleeve and are on your way to a brighter healthier future. I'm so happy for you,  remember to walk, thats really the only thing that will relieve the gas,  so walk, sip, rest and repeat.   Be very good to yourself this first month   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

vjb1952
on 6/3/11 11:53 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
   Congratulations on your shiny new sleeve, and welcome to The Bench!  (When I first woke up in pain, my very 1st thought was "WHAT have I done?!"...then I settled down to embrace the change!)  Be good to yourself...best wishes along your journey,  Viv 

vjb1952

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 12:32 pm
 Yup, same stage one diet, nothing mushy or solid for a couple of weeks or maybe more depending on ur surgeon.  

Congrats, you won't be sleeping on your belly for a while BUT you will feel a lil better every day, try to move around as much as you can, and get ready for a hell of a roller coaster ride.
Most Active