My Hair is falling out Help

vivianaluv
on 6/6/11 4:49 am - CA
My hair is falling out can you please help me on what should I do.... What did you experience and for how long?

Thank you so much any info will help

Goal #1 179  Goal #2 160   Goal #3 150   Goal #4 140  Goal #5 135 Final Goal 125    
cabcab
on 6/6/11 4:54 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I've started experiencing the hairloss, too.  My brush looks like it's growing it's own hair!  Most people on here seem to say it lasts from around three to six months.  So far it's nothing that anyone would notice by looking at my hair, but I guess if it does I'll go get a cute wig or some scarves to wear on my head.  If this is the worst thing that's happening to me, I'm doing OKAY!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

MaryKate777
on 6/6/11 4:54 am - WA
This should help....

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/
katier825
on 6/6/11 4:55 am
My hair loss started at 3 or 4 months and lasted about 2 months.  It's stopped now.  I didn't lose a ton of hair, but it was a noticeable amount in the drain.  The only difference I could actually see on my head was that for a few weeks, my hair didn't style as well as it used to.

Keep up with the protein.  I don't think there's anything else that you can really do.  I believe it happens to most people who've had the surgery.
vivianaluv
on 6/6/11 5:05 am - CA
Thanks... I was so scared lossing so much hair. glad its only temporary.

Goal #1 179  Goal #2 160   Goal #3 150   Goal #4 140  Goal #5 135 Final Goal 125    
anninva
on 6/6/11 5:11 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
yeah, as far as i can tell it's temporary and unavoidable other than keeping protein up.  my surgeon's office FNP told me that he's only seen shedding, not totally losing hair.  so i'm trying not to panic, lol!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

sarytyr
on 6/6/11 5:25 am - Round Rock, TX
VSG on 02/17/11 with
Mine has been falling out more too but I know it is temporary - hate dealing with all the random hairs everywhere in the house though!

~*Sandy*~ Ht 5'7" HW 262/SW 254/GW 160/CW 155

Lalamonkey
on 6/6/11 6:14 am - GA
With you on the hair loss.  Everytime I touch my hair some seems to fall out.  From what I understand there is NOTHING we can do to avoid this and that it is temporary.  Then we will all look like little spring chicks as the new hair starts to sprout.

Here is my strategy (not sure if it is a good one)...
*Keep the hair stress (brushing, washing, touching) to a minimum.
*Wear my hair natural (air dry or diffuse dry) and avoid pulling with round brush and using hot iron.
*Since mine is shoulder lenght - I am trying to wear it up in a clip as much as possible (less falls out).

Hanging in there.... Like you hate all the random hair around the house!

Best,

Lala
tmctnrice
on 6/6/11 6:28 am - Newport News, VA
Hi, I just got sleeved on June 2, so I havent experienced this yet, but my Dr told me before the surg that this would happen. he suggested to me to get Biotin 5000 mg and take then once a day for about 6 months and the shedding would be minimum, and the hair regrowth would be faster and maybe thicker and fuller. I have also been told this will help with your nails if you have any issues there. I hope this info will help you.
kaye90731
on 6/6/11 6:47 am - San Pedro, CA
I'm at about 3 months post op and have noticed a slight increase in hair loss. I'm kind of worried about it but its comforting to know that its just temporary.

HW-221 SW-218 CW-138 GW-135

Most Active