can we take capsules?

Nita G.
on 6/5/11 3:21 am
 It seems like I read somewhere that we don't have enough acid in our little stomachs to dissolve the capules, or maybe they exit too quickly to be completely broken down. But now I can't find that information. There are a couple of things I'd like to take in capsule form (Turmeric for muscle cramps, and Black Cohash for hot flashes), but I'm not sure if I can. Any information for me?
Thanks!
Nita

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

queen R.
on 6/5/11 3:24 am - enid, OK
I took one of my meds in capsule form since day one of surgery.  No problems.  It was a prescribed medication that could not be stopped.  I would be hesitant to take anything that my Dr. didn't approve.  good luck!

pcannedy
on 6/5/11 4:09 am - Sacramento, CA
The first month, I opened the caps and put them in sf applesauce.  After that, I took the reflex meds no problem.

Heather T.
on 6/5/11 3:51 am
I was told that I could take capsules and I have since surgery with no problems.  I would suggest asking your doctor as every doctor seems to have a slightly different plan for their patients. 

Congratulations!

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

loverofcats
on 6/5/11 4:46 am
No problem taking capsules. In fact, Dr. O'Brien recommended Vitalady's Calcium Citrate in capsules for someone who was having problems swallowing the pills. I have taken vitamins and other medication in capsules, without any problem at all. I've been getting the benefit from the meds and vitamins, so no problem.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Nita G.
on 6/5/11 1:46 pm
 Thank you all very much! I knew I could count on you all for a quick reply.
Nita

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

Most Active