dish to pass?

yankeeblue08
on 6/6/11 1:37 pm - Roseville, MI
Im invited to a bbq on the 4th that asks us to bring a dish to pass.  any suggestions on what to bring that would be something low carb and low calerie for myself to eat?  I don't want to do anything with pasta or beans...everyone does that routine stuff...I was thinking of something more diet oriented.  oh..and if it is patriotic, that is even better! they are giving awards for the best homemade patriotic dish.  ;)    BBQs are different for me now.. I used to fill up on all the summer foods, now Im not sure what I will eat.    thanks for any ideas you give!

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is.....tell your mountain how big your God is!"

24 lbs lost pre-op.     My name is Cheryl, and I'm a Sleever!     
100 lbs lost by five months.    
Officially half way to my goal at six months! yay!
paulasb
on 6/6/11 2:20 pm - Sammamish, WA
How about assorted fruit cut into a carved ou****ermelon.

felicity2u
on 6/6/11 2:21 pm - LA
On the world according to eggface, she has a great recipe for a strawberry cannoli and they are patriotic and easy to make.  Go to her page and scroll down towards the bottom and they have the recipe. 

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

redsnapper1975
on 6/6/11 11:48 pm
These strawberries look awesome!!
~ Kim

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 10:12 am
I'm totally doing these for the 4th!! Yum!
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 3:19 pm
Deviled eggs
Ham or turkey and sheese roll-ups
Fruit salad
Tossed green salad
3 bean salad
infodiva808
on 6/6/11 3:57 pm
Make a lasagna but replace the noodles with thin slices of zucchini. Use your peeler to make them real thin.

gonersmom
on 6/7/11 4:09 am
When all else fails, bring fruit fluff. Cottage Cheese, strawberry s.f. jello, cool whip, and then fold in sliced strawberries, and blueberries. Yum!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 10:02 am - Castle Rock, CO
something usual - chicken/tuna/egg salad w/ diff flavors of mayo or guac or exotic flavors/veggies, nuts mixed in

exotic - hummus & pita (no pita for you, maybe cuke slices/ veggies)

other - tomato caprese salad (mozz, tomatoes, basil, evoo, etc), greek salad (feta, olives, tzatziki dip, etc)

lots & lots to go with, enjoy!

Most Active