Medicaid NH Preauthorized Me For My Sleeve!!

Tracey W.
on 6/6/11 10:48 am
I've been thinking about wls for 10 years. Researched it for at least 6 years. And have been actively working towards the sleeve for almost a year. Now, it's really going to happen!!!
I've seen lots of posts like this, but it's true. Taking surgery from something that could happen in your future, to something that is real and a couple of weeks away is really astonishing. There really isn't anything stopping me from surgery now. That's really exciting and intimidating.

Now I'm worried about sticking to program and actually changing. It's still strange to me that I'm getting most of my stomach taken out for a problem that is in my head.

I had really thought that I would have to fight Medicaid to pay for it. It threw me off a little that thy said yes right away...lol

This is normal, right?
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
cabcab
on 6/6/11 10:50 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
YEA!  I'm so excited for you!  You're going to love being sleeved!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

infodiva808
on 6/6/11 4:06 pm
For years I wondered why doing something to my stomach would solve the problems my head causes. It was my reason for not having WLS. But as my health got more dire, I got more desperate to solve the problems. Prior to surgery I did outpatient intensive therapy for disordered eating. I did it three times. Then I saw a therapist for another couple years. I still struggle with the head issues but at least I am not at death's door any longer. Addictions are difficult to cure but I never stop working at it. The VSG is a tool and part of the process of healing. See you at support group!

Good luck, great you got approved!

Most Active