Insurance!!!

Guardedly-Hopeful
on 6/8/11 1:49 pm - OR
Tommorow is the one month mark from when my paperwork went to the Insurance company for approval.  I was told that it usually takes 2 weeks to hear back.  I was also told that I had a good chance of being denied.  I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield Federal of Oregon.  I have heard that while the sleeve is being approved in many other states, Oregon is not completely on board yet.  I have been told that it is just a matter of time before they start approving here.  My surgeon is more than willing to help with an appeal and a peer to peer conference call.  Having said that, I am finding it so difficult to wait.  I read this board frequently and am so happy for all of you who have approval, dates and are post op.  I am more convinced daily that this is the surgery for me.  If ANYONE has any information on BC/BS federal  in Oregon please let me know.  It is tuff to wait.  Thanks people!
  Donna Wood  
amanda D.
on 6/8/11 2:07 pm - Stayton, OR
My husband and I were planning on moving to Portland this summer, that unfortunately fell through until hopefully NEXT summer.  But I was looking at the hospitals there that do the sleeve.  From my understanding theres a hospital in Salem, and theres the (i think) Univeristy hospital (not exactly sure of the name of it off hand) in Portland that both do the VSG with all insurances.  Of course this was....7 or 8 months ago? maybe.

I was told the exact same thing directly from BC/BS of Illinois, that you are usually always denied the first time because of paperwork.  Like they haven't recieved everything and it's incomplete.  I felt a little discouraged about that, as I'm not submitting until mid july. 

The only advice i can give you is to call BC/BS you or your doctor should have known within the 2 week time frame, because they are pretty good at letting you know right away, especially if you're denied IMO you always get that quicker than an approval.

Best of luck to you =0)

Amanda

ADW222
on 6/8/11 2:49 pm - ENCINO, CA
Call the insurance company. I found out my status before my surgeon office did.
Guardedly-Hopeful
on 6/8/11 3:46 pm - OR
tHANKS LADIES!  iNSURANCE OFFICE WAS CALLED ON MONDAY BY DOCTORS OFFICE.  I WILL TRY ON FRIDAY IF I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING.  THEY DO THE SURGERIES AT THE NEW HOSPITAL IN SPRINGFIELD.  IT IS JUST GETTING THE APPROVAL THAT IS THE HOLD UP.
  Donna Wood  
freyke
on 6/8/11 10:02 pm - VA
Insurers suck... it's that simple - good luck playing the game... :)

Most Active