Post-Op Symptoms

Shari H.
on 6/9/11 2:13 pm - MI
Hiya everyone - I had my VSG on Monday, 6/6/11 and went home the next day.  I'm having intermittent crampy/knotty pain/discomfort/fullness sensations that come on every 10-15 minutes and last about 5 seconds.  I'd rate it, like, a 3 or 4 out of 10.  It feels like it is in my lower esophagus or where the esophagus meets the stomach.   Sometimes, it feels like it makes it hard to take a breath - not because the pain is so very severe, but it actually feels like the area is being squeezed or twisted.   I also have a sensation like you get after you take a large pill and it feels like it didn't go all the way down.  I'm still on clear liquids at this point.

Has anyone else experienced these sensations post-operatively?

Thanks!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
everettd
on 6/9/11 2:18 pm - TN
I think this is perfectly normal. I'm 6 months out, and I still get the same kind of sensation if I eat too fast, or take too big of a bite. I'm sure everything is fine. If you are worried, though, call your dr. That's what they're there for. Best of luck to you!
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at moments of challenge and controversy."  MLK Jr.    
Foxbins
on 6/9/11 2:45 pm
Yes, I had those.  My surgeon called them "spasms" and said they were generated by the nerves that were cut during surgery.  Mine have mostly gone away at five months out, although sometimes just after waking up in the morning a drink of water feels "stuck."
Samantha L.
on 6/9/11 3:35 pm
try taking smaller sips and spacing more time between them as to not over stuff your new tiny stomach. you might be experiencing gas pains too, those can take a week or two to go away.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views