Hi all I need some tough love

mit_tens
on 6/13/11 1:03 am - Woodstock, CT
Hi everyone I hope all is well! I havent posted in a while but I need some encouragement from my OH family

I had my surgery back in Oct and so far I have lost 62 pounds which is amazing to me because I could have never done it without my sleeve.....however I have been stalled for over a month and I am getting so down about it.

I am a daily weigher ( I know its not good) but I feel the need to check everyday. I have been stuck since May 5 at 183 pounds.

I find that I am hungrier at night and find myself snacking lately and carbs have been the devil......BAD BAD BAD! I know surgery isn't a cure for obesity, it is a tool that I havent been using to its full advantage...... so maybe what I need is some tough love to get me going again. I feel I have steered off the path a bit and could use some words of wisdom or a kick in the ass...lol  

~Melissa

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
emelar
on 6/13/11 1:29 am - TX
Consider yourself kicked.

You know what you need to do - drop the carbs and the late night snacking.  The late night snacking is an issue for me, too.  My PA recommended more protein in the am and I really ramped it up.  Having a big jolt of protein first thing in the morning has really helped curb the munchies at night. Just something to try to get you going again. 
thebadest
on 6/13/11 1:33 am - Houston, TX
You have owned your behavior. Now just get back on track. Cut out the carb snacks and make it a protein snack. Cheese crisp, jerky, nuts (be careful), and others of the like. Let's start the ball rolling again.

***Getting to Goal Challenge: -13.9/22.7 July 29th surgiversary**
Trina//SW:270/CW:172.7/GW:150

lucy2e
on 6/13/11 1:42 am - Laurel, MD
Hi Melissa - I'm newly sleeved - so don't have the long term experience.  Good job on recognizing where you a going wrong!  Now - time to make the changes to get your train back on the rails - cut the carbs and focus on your lean protein.  Put the scale away - back of the closet - and just weigh yourself once a week. 

Good luck on getting back on track - I know you can do it!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

dec721
on 6/13/11 1:46 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Protein first, veggies next, complex carbs last.  No sugar or junk carbs.  And water out the wazoo. 

And who cares about daily weighing??  That is neither bad nor good.  It has nothing to do with your weight loss and success.  I've weighed every day since my surgery.  In the losing phase, I loved looking at the dropping digits.  Now it keeps me honest:  "I'm up two pounds??  How can that be?  Oh yeah, there was that big old snootful of junk food I ate, heh heh." 

Best wishes on your continuing journey :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 1:46 am, edited 6/13/11 4:05 am
Instead of a big kick, how about a huge hug.  We have all been there and done that.  Now that you are ready to get serious again, just go back to what works.  Start tracking every morsel that goes into your mouth.  I mean this, this is not negotiable when you are trying to change behavior.  Wright down everything, even vitamins.  When you hit your calorie limit for the day, stop eating.  Even if you don't want to, even if you are hungry, even if you are going out.  No excuses, just stop eating and start drinking, this will not kill you, but it will break your stall.  Make sure you are getting at least 70 g. of protein, under 40 carbs, and under 800 cals. a day.  If you are doing this, really doing this, you WILL lose.  Period of of story.  You know what you need to do, now go do it and report back.  We are all pulling for you to succeed.  Huge hugs, make us proud.  :)
mit_tens
on 6/13/11 2:13 am - Woodstock, CT
Thank you all for the posts ladies, it defiantly lifted my mood. I know what I need to do and how to get there, I just have to commit, and I'm going to do it now. Sugar and other carbs have been my downfall and I needed to admit it out loud. I'm gonna go back to basics like I did in the beginning and focus on my protein and kick the sugar. I don't think Ive been drinking enough water either which may help break this stall. I think I was taking the sleeve for granted because  the weight was falling off so effortlessly at first...and I can't do that anymore. Its amazing how old habbits die hard...ughhh but I want to be healthy and I did this for me. No more excuses!

Thanks again for your posts and thanks for the hugs I needed it!♥

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
wert
on 6/13/11 4:13 am - MN
You've already gotten great advice. No white food.

I, too, want to eat late at night. I think that was my downfall all along. I always liked to go to bed feeling full. Now, if I have some protein in the evening it makes all the difference. I'll even have a protein shake.  Give it a try. Protein in the evening. And no white food - it's toxic!

All the best to you. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

msroro
on 6/13/11 4:29 am - Richmond, VA
 Listen to Elina she knows wtf she is talking about. I did what she said and my scale is moving again! good luck

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views