Fish oil twice a day.... yuck!

Val G.
on 6/14/11 4:26 am - NV
So I was thinking about taking my "two servings" of fish oil just once a day rather than twice.  It's basically the same amount just once a day, can it really hurt?  I was thinking of doing the same for my calcium.  Do you guys think it safe? 
Val  

"Turns out is not where but who you're with that really matters!"  
~ Dave Matthews

jadelet
on 6/14/11 5:05 am
Unsure about fish oil, but accoring to my NUT, your body can only absorb so much calcium (and other vitamins) at once, so she recommends spreading them through the day for max absorption.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.?

HW: 280   SW: 277 CW: 196

Phyllis C.
on 6/14/11 5:54 am
Try Krill.  It doesn't taste fishy or give you bad fish burps.  Walgreens and CVS have generic brands and it is a lot cheaper.  I buy them when they are buy one get one free.

Keep your calcuim spread out in doses no higher than 500mg.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

bursonc
on 6/14/11 8:31 am
There's  a fish oil that has been talked about before on OH that is in a little packet and it is in a pudding type form.  It is flavored (chocolate / orange).  It is not great, but it isn't bad either.  And no after taste.  I'll try to find it's name and repost.  I have used it, but stopped after my band was removed.  Will begin again as soon as Dr.  says to start my vitamins, etc.
bursonc
on 6/14/11 8:40 am
it is called coromega Omega 3
you can google Fish oil pudding
I found it at vitacost.cm

I think vitalady might have it too.
I think that is where I got mine.

bursonc
on 6/14/11 8:43 am
yes, just checked... www.vitalady.com has it and she has 30 pack boxes so you can try it.
She often will send a sample too if you email and ask about it.
bursonc
on 6/14/11 8:44 am
Remember to take calcium at least 2 hours after you take multivitamin.
Val G.
on 6/14/11 9:08 am - NV

OMG!!!!  I have been taking the calcium along with my multivitamin!  I mix both the calcium (powder form) and the mv (liquid) with my morning protein shake.  What happens if I combine the two?!?!

BTW, Thanks for the link! 

Val  

"Turns out is not where but who you're with that really matters!"  
~ Dave Matthews

KathyA999
on 6/14/11 9:27 am
Well you won't die, LOL!  If your multi contains iron, the calcium will muscle it out and you won't absorb it.  If your multi contains calcium, and your calcium supp is in the 500 range, you won't absorb much more than the 500 or so.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

bursonc
on 6/14/11 9:52 am
Yes, as Kathy said... it just cancels it out... not doing you any good.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views