Treating my Sleeve with "Kid Gloves"

No More Spanx
on 6/16/11 7:50 am - Rock Island, IL
Soooo....I am 6 days post op and I keep having these visions of bending over and busting my staple line, or drinking a little too much and having it explode in my chest.  Perhaps it was the picture I had taken of my "big" stomach and sent to me via email that is creeping me out and giving me this complex.  (Thanks Brandilynn, it sounded like a cool idea at the time).

Overall my experience was very good and Dr. Alvarez was as amazing as everyone has said.  Plus he found that I had a mid-sized Hiatal Hernia that he fixed before he did the sleeve.  I am very grateful. 

I am now sipping , walking and hating the liquid diet phase right now, but I know it is necessary so that my little sleeve won't pop at the seams.  I have lost 20lbs since June 1, so I think I am off to a great start!  Thank you for all of your support and well wishes!!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

acbbrown
on 6/16/11 7:52 am - Granada Hills, CA
Join the club

Every time I sip and feel some kind of twinge or something, I'm super paranoid.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

jthomp7889
on 6/16/11 9:34 am - Shrewsbury, MA
 I am 5 weeks out today. I worried about the same type of thing... You'll be living normal faster than you know! Trust me.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 11:12 am - TN
VSG on 09/23/11 with
I am so glad I saw your post ... had been wondering about you! Applause on the
20 pounds! You ARE a loser !!  ..........  Marsaglia
wert
on 6/16/11 3:39 pm - MN
Oh, yes, me, too. I was so worried my sleeve was going to burst open. Never did, tho. I guess it was sewn tight. Glued, too, maybe? Who knows what they did in there.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/17/11 4:57 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I think being a little paranoid is a good thing.  It keeps us safe---we don't want to stress our staple/suture line so therefore we don't eat/drink foods or amounts beyound what we've been instructed to do.  This helps your healing, pain level and IMO, longterm outcomes.

During the my second week after surgery when my head hunger was so bad, I watched Dr. A's YouTube video where he used the stapling instrument on some lunchmeat.  I was so amazed at how small those staples were that I was really paranoid after that!

Just keep sipping, walking and following the plan.  This yucky liquid phase will pass and you will be progressing in your diet.

Congrats on the loss so far!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views