So much frustration!!

mgaffney
on 6/17/11 1:00 am - Dallas, TX
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday I got down to 295 and now im back up to 299. ugh...
Can you gain that much weight in a week?
Will my scale go back down?
I feel like it is playing tricks on me.

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/17/11 1:13 am - NY
I see you are pre-op, is that right? Your body can do strange things and will seem to play tricks on you, but it's all normal and to be expected as every body is different!

Just stick to your plan, whatever that may be, try not to stray and try to amp up the exercise a bit (as well as how much water you drink!) and you'll be right as rain in no time at all!
 ~~Emily~~

mgaffney
on 6/17/11 1:32 am - Dallas, TX
Sorry, Im not sure how to change the date on my VSG surgery but it was on 12-21-11. so i am almost 6m out. I know it looks like I am pre-op.

debk21
on 6/17/11 1:57 am - Mansfield, TX
Give us a little information and we can help you more.  Are you drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day?  Is your protein over 60 grams?  Are you taking in too many carbs?  There is no way you GAINED 4 pounds in a week...it's probably water weight.  Have you been exercising?  Is it that TOM?  Not to worry, if you stay on track with your doctors plan, the scale will go back down...Chin up and keep on doing the right things...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

mgaffney
on 6/17/11 2:07 am - Dallas, TX
In all honesty, i dont get all the water and carbs in a day. 
Breakfast- large coffee, 3 creams 2 splendas, mcdonalds oatmeal
Lunch- usually a lean pocket or tuna
Snack- cheese its
Dinner- half of meal usaully fast food (KFC,subway,mexican)
I know that i need to cut down on the carbs and I was doing really well on my treadmill and it died last week. I was doing about 30min a day.

Lori B.
on 6/17/11 2:18 am
Your lunch, snack, and dinner have a lot of salt/sodium. That can cause you to retain water. Not a lot of protein at all in your diet and mostly processed foods.

You should have some protein for breakfast, it's a good way to keep your metabolism going for the day.

~Lori

~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
debk21
on 6/17/11 2:31 am - Mansfield, TX
Definitely cut the carbs & salt.  Add more protein and lots and lots of water.  If you do this, I'll bet the scale will reward you.  Seriously, I'm all about the "easy" too so try to add some beef jerky (high in protein and no carbs) and maybe some light string cheese...these are staples in my pantry...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

George B.
on 6/17/11 2:51 am - Miami, FL
I agree with Deb.

Cut carbs to less than 40 grams per day.
Start your meals with protein first. 
Reduce salt intake.
Work on getting a minimum of 64 oz. of liquids and 70 grams of protein daily.

It would also be helpful for you to track what you are eating on a program like myfitnesspal.com. You're likely eating more calories than you think. The program my doctor gave me calls for 600-800 calories a day when losing weight.

Good luck,
George

BriarRose
on 6/17/11 2:51 am
I have recently started a "silly" weight loss pattern....I lose a pound or even two -- overnight. then the next day the scale goes back up, and I spend the next week getting back to that lower weight. Then the scale drops another 2 pounds, and goes back up the next day; and I spend the week getting back to the lower weight....but at the end of the week, month whatever....I'm still down the couple pounds each time !!! It just is how it's working right now.

If it is not just a blip (a weird week) and doesn't go away as quickly as it came, I would start to look at how many prepared foods you are eating. Fast foods have a lot of hidden fats, and sugars and salts.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
mgaffney
on 6/17/11 3:34 am - Dallas, TX

Thanks, everyone for the great advice.
I'm feeling better already.

Most Active