People (Vent!)

Becca20015
on 6/18/11 11:57 am
I am so sick and tired of people saying "you should do it the hard way, all you have to do is diet and exercise".  CLEARLY, if that was all a person needs to do, then there wouldn't be a need for WLS or better yet there wouldn't be overweight people!   I just get sick and tired of being told what I "oughta do and how I am crazy for having surgery.  I really wish people would mind their business and let me do what is best for me.    One of my close friends just texted me a prego test and they are adding another bundle, so that is awesome news to offset the person making me upset.  Plus, I am the first to know. What a special friend I am!!   Thanks for letting me vent...WHEWWW
Ashley O.
on 6/18/11 12:01 pm
Ahh i know what you mean.. It sucks. But just gotta let it roll off you.. Only you know whats best for you. Don't let the ignorance get to you.. I'm working at it myself.. lol.

:)

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Becca20015
on 6/18/11 12:05 pm
It does suck... and whats even funnier is the person who came at me today is overweight also.  It is always someone my size or bigger commenting on my size or what I should do. 
rdd9348
on 6/18/11 12:05 pm - OR
I'm pretty sure WLS has a much better record for major and sustained weight loss than diet and exercise.  There's probably nobody on this board who didn't try diet and exercise over and over again.  As for those people who are trying to tell you what to do - F * * K Them!  You know what's best for you.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Becca20015
on 6/18/11 12:09 pm
THANK YOU!   I am one of those on here who have tried diets and exercise over and over and did I say over again...LOL!    I have researched, asked questions, and researched more about my decision.  I did not want certain people in my family finding out until after surgery due to negativity. This one person knew I was thinking about it ( he saw my folder I left on the table one day when at our house) and decided to ask tonight when my srugery was and then all the grilling came.  UGHHH!
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 12:45 pm
Yep! I lost almost all my weight one time (lost a lot MANY times).. just couldn't keep it off.. like most normal people, hey the odds are 90some percent will regain, so I count myself in the normal crowd (at least in this one way!!)

I just call this my odds-evener.. I still need to watch what I put in my mouth and exercise.. but the VSG at least gives me a fighting chance to stay smaller & healthier!

diane S.
on 6/18/11 12:06 pm
people can be such dopes. next time say  " If you had any idea what was involved with this process and the science of weight loss you would not make such an ignorant remark. Why not get educated on the subject before you give advice?!"

That will shut them up.     Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Elaine2
on 6/18/11 12:08 pm, edited 6/18/11 12:09 pm - Atlanta, GA
I understand why you're upset....but why not turn the tables on them. Take the offense instead of being defensive.

Something like....Well yes, I've decided to take the easy way for me.  I've done it your hard way many times and like most (97%) I just can't keep the weight off. So I've decided on the best way for my long term success.

How can they argue with that? My opinion only----it's not worth the energy to argue and get all upset about their ignorant statements/opinions.

Heleena33
on 6/18/11 2:02 pm - Custer, WA
Great idea!  If you don't mind, I think I will use that one myself!!!

Ever notice, no one asks how you're gaining so much weight, but start losing and then everyone wants to know what you're doing to lose weight!!  ha ha ha
Then the people I know, start going on about how unhealty that diet would be in the long run. 
I think it is pretty personal info!!
Same reason I don't go to buffet type dinners.  I don't like walking around filling up a plate with a few things, what I woud normally eat for 15.bucks a person.  Never pays off for me!

Anyway, we just have to remember to smile!!  People will wonder what you're up to!!
Ha ha ha
Helen
acbbrown
on 6/18/11 12:27 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I kind of take the sarcastic approach:

"Now why on earth would I do this the hard way? That's stupid..."

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views