Low blood pressure.....

TinkerToot
on 6/21/11 3:45 am - Albany, LA

What would you consider a low B/P? Mine has been running about 97/52. The other day my husband and I were at a seafood fest and I got real tired. He said I looked pale. We took my B/P and it seemed low. I know it was hot and had water in hand and drinking it.
I am almost a year out and overall feel wonderful!!! Almost at goal and couldn't be happier. Just kinda wondering about the B/P thingy.
Any suggestions?

debk21
on 6/21/11 5:45 am - Mansfield, TX
First of all...I'm certainly no doctor so I can only tell you about my BP issues.  I had high BP prior to surgery and a couple months in, I started getting dizzy a lot.  I went to my PCP & he cut my medication in 1/2 and the dizziness stopped.  I've been checking my BP sporadically and will probably go off the meds at my next visit.  Mine is running around 100/70 ish so yours seems a little low, but like I said, I'm no doc.  Have you had any dizzy spells when you get up too fast?  I thought a couple of times that I was just going to topple over - had to hang onto something till my head cleared.  I would suggest that you call your PCP and speak to the nurse and ask her what she thinks of your BP and if she feels you need to see the doc.  That's the best advice I can give you.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/21/11 6:20 am
Staying hydrated, adding a little salt to your diet and drinking something with electrolytes (i.e. Gatorade - they have low cal kinds) should help, but I agree that you should check with your doc because I'm not one! 

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

califsleevin
on 6/21/11 6:20 am - CA
Likewise, I'm not a doctor (and I don't even play one on TV....) but my PCP has cut down on my BP meds and told my that if I start feeling lightheaded or get other signs of low BP (like maybe checking it once in a while?) to cut the remaining med in half - he would rather I run a bit high than be too low for now and sort things out as I get into goal range.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

TinkerToot
on 6/21/11 8:29 am - Albany, LA
Thanks guys!
I have been researching low b/p. I've never high b/p and am so glad I have been monitoring it.
It just goes to show you, we need to keep up with our overall health.

Most Active