Vacation aftermath

SweetiePea
on 6/19/11 10:52 am - IA
Went on a short 4 day vacation thinking the relaxation and new scenery would do all of us some good. I planned my meals and packed them very careful. Ppffftttt!! Alot that did me.

The only thing I kept up on was my water. We walked so much in those 4 days and trying to eat was impossible when my stuff is stowed away in the room or the truck in the cooler when everyone wanted to eat. I tried to choose something smart for the menu of the resturants...soups, cottage cheese...etc and it seemed nothing was settling with my poor wittle tummy. Water was my best friend.

So finally we got home this afternoon and FINALLY ate something that agreed with my wittle tummy. Now...the disappointing moment was weighing as soon as I got home since I've been gone for 4 days and was curious if I lost anything. PPpppppFFFFTTT!!! NOPE!
Oh well...will try in the morning..may have better luck then.

Next vacation....going to be very persistant to eat first and/or carry the dang cooler with me at all times.
Height - 4'10"

Daviegrandma
on 6/19/11 10:55 am - Davie, FL
Well think about it this way, you lost nothing....In the past, how many vacations have you gone on and gained 5 to 10 pounds?  So gaining nothing or losing nothing is a great thing.. Hope you had a good ti8me anyway...

Smardeepants
on 6/19/11 11:23 am
It doesn't sound like you ate much at all... I wonder if the scale is stuck because you didn't eat enough? Or maybe the stupid sodium in what you did eat? (restaurants are rediculous in how much sodium is in EVERYTHING). EVERY time I eat out I puff up for a week afterward! 

Ladydivigirl
on 6/19/11 11:38 am
Funny u should post this...I posted something similar. We leave for a one week vacation tomorrow and my family eats out EVERYDAY!!! I am having major anxiety over this...I packed my shakes and protein drinks and water...I hope I use them instead of falling into the food trap...I plan on having a good time with my family, but not with all the fattening food I will encounter when we eat at Denny's, I Hop, Chili's, Red Lobster, Bonefish, Chic fi la, etc, etc...Oh Vay!!!! But the good thing for you is that u didn't gain any weight...that's my hope for me.....

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
SweetiePea
on 6/19/11 12:22 pm - IA
Good luck girl!!

I think because we walked everywhere helped and kept me from gaining any weight.
Height - 4'10"

DragonGirl
on 6/20/11 1:57 am - MN
I think you did great if you didn't gain!

Ladydivi...All resturants have healthy things on their menu, you just have to be creative. They are usually more than willing to cook to your request.

Most of them have a chicken breast sandwich of some kind. Order it breadless with a little marinara and mozzerella cheese.

Order a turkey burger and a side of veggies...and strip the bun.

Steak is a good choice, or a shrimp ****tal.

Order any meat, strip the carb heavy bread...skip the fries and you'll do awsome!! Most importantly, have fun!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
SweetiePea
on 6/19/11 11:39 am - IA
Both have good points. Guess will have to start week all over again. LOL....do over!!
Height - 4'10"

Linda B.
on 6/19/11 1:03 pm - CA
You silly girl ...don't weigh the day you get home or even the next day. When I got back from my vaca I weighed 2 days later and lost 2.5 lbs, 1 lb the next day, and 2 lbs after that. I ate everything on my vacation and walked 100's(well it seemed like it)miles!
Relax....let your body get back to it's routine. You will be back on track. The VSG beauty is, that it is always there when you need it.

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

sublimate
on 6/20/11 4:32 am - San Jose, CA
I use small food jars (keep things hot or cold) and I have a backpack purse that I use that has enough room to keep my food jars in. I also bring my low sodium beef jerky for emergencies every where I go. The backpack purse I have also has little slots for water bottles too. Sounds like you had a good plan, you just have to make sure to bring the food with you next time, rather than thinking you'll be able to get back to your food. I love having a backpack purse as it keeps my hands free and I'm always ready to stow stuff in there.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Most Active