Kinda liking the hair lose

ArmyWifeandMommy
on 6/20/11 9:29 pm
Yeah so I have been losing hair but I am actually LOVING it!!  I had EXTREMELY thick hair to where I would go in and have it thinned every 4-6 weeks and I would always have to have my hair short because it would give me headaches and I would sweat and get so hot under all of it.  Don't get me wrong...I had people tell me how pretty my hair was and wish they could have that much hair.  It was not that great though because it would take me 30 minutes just to dry it and that was not including the 45 minutes to flat iron it.  When it was long I would normally get out of the shower and just throw it up on my head which turned into a headache from the weight.  So now it take me like 2 minutes to dry it and another MAYBE 10 minutes to flat iron it and I LOVE IT!!!  I am hoping it does stop at some point though.  Lol.  Anyways weird but I am enjoying it.  Anybody else?

Kim_M
on 6/20/11 9:34 pm - LaPorte, TX
Yeah I am shedding some to !!!Just starting lol the brush is full and I have to swipe off shirt!Now I know how hubby felt lol

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Stacy160
on 6/20/11 9:37 pm
Yep, I totally get what you're saying... I not only have the thickness, but tons of curl as well (and no point in trying to flat iron it, I just chemically straighten it occasionally so it's not so tight), so my hair's like a wool blanket on my head.  I didn't think what I lost made much difference, but boy can I feel it now this summer as compared to last -- it's SO much hotter ('course that could be my perimenopausal hormones wreaking their newly-discovered havoc on me as well).  I almost wish I'd lost a little more and that it had stayed gone!

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
Kristy R.
on 6/21/11 3:05 am - Santa Clara, CA
I have thick azz hair too.  Yep, I also get it thinned out.  I don't keep it short because I don't have time for the styling it would require every day since it's also wavy/curly/frizzy and has a total mind of it's own - not to mention it would look like a helmet I have so much of it.  I pretty much keep it in a pony tail all the time - and that is AFTER I flat iron it.  People go on about my hair all the time too, it's a massive pain.  It looks like Chewbacca's offspring live in my shower as it is, I can only imagine if I start to lose hair.  Which, like you, I would be FINE with.  Every stylist I have ever had tells me I have the thickest hair they have ever seen.  Even just getting a trim/thin out it looks like a small animal blew up on the floor of the salon.  ugh...
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

sublimate
on 6/21/11 4:04 am - San Jose, CA
I have very thick curly hair too, and it was kind of nice when I lost a little bit of it, but now that it's growing back, I have all these short unruly curly pieces around my face. I use a bit of styling wax to tame those.

I almost never flat iron my hair because I adore my curls, but I do get a Brazilian blowout every 3 months as it keeps my curls smoother and more manageable. Have you ever done the Brazilian blowout? I highly recommend it for those who have thick/curly/frizzy hair.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

sonyagettinghealthy
on 6/21/11 9:50 am - CA
What is a Brazilian blowout?

sublimate
on 6/22/11 5:23 am - San Jose, CA
On June 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM Pacific Time, sonyagettinghealthy wrote:
What is a Brazilian blowout?

Here is a link to more information about the blowout:

http://brazilianblowout.com/

It is SOOO awesome and I highly recommend it for curly girls.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Most Active