When did your energy come back?

stephkd
on 6/21/11 3:40 am - Columbus, OH
I'm 3 weeks out. Recovery seems to have gone very well, with no complications.

I'm due to start on the fitness part of my program this week, but am wondering how I can do it when my energy levels are still so minimal. I'll get up and start on a task, but after 20 minutes or so I have to go sit down. Of course, the heat and humidiy aren't helping, but I was wondering when other post-ops started feeling "normal"?    

Karen--SOOOO tired of living life on the sidelines!
HW = 308              PSW = 285  (Program Start Weight - what's on my ticker)
SW = 268              GW = 150 (highest end of normal BMI)

sfmini
on 6/21/11 5:12 am
I am still waiting, hate to tell you.
So, are you coming to the support group tonight?
I'll be there, hope to see you.

stephkd
on 6/21/11 6:11 am - Columbus, OH
Dang! I've read so many posts where folks say how amazing it is to have so much energy!

Probably won't be there tonight... been feeling queezy most of the day too. Not sure what that's about.

Karen--SOOOO tired of living life on the sidelines!
HW = 308              PSW = 285  (Program Start Weight - what's on my ticker)
SW = 268              GW = 150 (highest end of normal BMI)

GarnetGirl
on 6/21/11 6:20 am - Houston, TX
I have more energy but being able to do sustained exercise is still daunting...Since I have had surgery before, it seems familiar because I had to "start over" in 20 minute increments for exercise each time-and it was different types of surgeries.

Sounds par for the course...start small and you will build back up has been my experience.

GarnetGirl

sfmini
on 6/21/11 12:32 pm
Don't worry, I am one of the rare ones who drew the short straw. Most people get loads of energy. Just make yourself go to work out. The trainers are really decent people and won't go Jillian on you. The key is to go as often as you can, daily if possible even when you don't feel like it. When you ask yourself why, tell yourself because that is what you do every day.

Most Active