Anyone unable to drink over 64 oz of water at 3 or 4 months out???

Elena22
on 6/21/11 6:47 am
I've read many times that by 3 months out (sometimes earlier) a lot of people are getting in 75 to 100 oz of water a day. Or more. I struggle to get my 64 oz in still.  To the long termers out there, any of you have problems with weight loss due to not drinking enough water? Or does it vary what each individual is able to drink? It's very rare that I get over 64 oz in, but I do always at least get that amount in.  Am I drinking enough?
~ Elena.

emelar
on 6/21/11 6:55 am - TX
If you're getting in your 8 glasses, you're doing just fine.  Your ability to drink more will increase over time.
Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/21/11 6:55 am
Hi there, im 5 months out and still have problems sipping my water in one day. I try first thing in the morning til the end of the night , im sure im drinking over 64 oz but not sure just how much. I do believe it does cause a stall in your weight loss when you dont get enough liquids in a day though. I know i have experienced some head aches when i dont drink enough so you might want to try and increase for that reason. Good luck to you!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

crystal dewdrops
on 6/21/11 7:14 am - Australia
Hi

I'm over a year out and still can't drink that amount, but I never drank that much before either. I even get up through out the night when I feel like a drink and still don't make it. I'm just not a big drinker. I can drink about 3.5oz at a time and then have to wait 20min for me to be able to drink again.

Best wishes
Crystal
SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

Kristy R.
on 6/21/11 7:18 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I have a hard time getting my water in.  But in my case it's because of bladder issues.  I can guzzle water down no problem - but I pee 25 times a day if I do.  People at work must think I go to the bathroom to snort coke or something.  I have a prolapsed bladder and have to have another operation to fix it.  NO bueno.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Imissthe80s
on 6/21/11 7:40 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Kristy-
Your prolapsed bladder doesn't have anything to do with your VSG surgery does it?

Kristy R.
on 6/21/11 8:49 am - Santa Clara, CA
On June 21, 2011 at 2:40 PM Pacific Time, Imissthe80s wrote:
Kristy-
Your prolapsed bladder doesn't have anything to do with your VSG surgery does it?
 nooooo!  It was the two huge kids I gave birth to!  Caused my upper vajayjay walls to collapse in and my bladder has tilted/fallen forward.  It's basically blocked and I can't fully empty my bladder.   I have to pee all the time and I am always uncomfortable.  I was hoping it was just being so large, but nothing has changed.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

wert
on 6/21/11 8:56 am - MN
I've never ever been much of a water drinker - probably always partly dehydrated. Have been for decades.  I don't feel thirsty - ever - so don't get around to drinking. That hasn't changed for me. I drink what I can and think it's good enough. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

shekicks
on 6/21/11 11:00 am - Dallas, GA
I am almost 8 months out and I still can't get in 64 oz.   I drink all day long but just like the other poster said, I wasn't a big fluid drinker before wls either.  I usually get between 40-55oz and that is about it!  I'm only 5 feet tall so maybe I just don't require as much, who knows!

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

ZenBunni
on 6/21/11 11:37 pm - Ashburn, VA
To be perfectly honest., I get a little over half and most days. If I include my protein, I get my full 64.
I find it hard to sip water all day. I was honest with my NUT when I saw her last month, and she didnt seem concerned in the least. So, I chose to take that as a good sign. 

My "rationalized" way of looking at it is this - The water you are getting now is probably way more than what you got before surgery. As long as your not constipated, dehydrated, have edema, etc - you are probably fine. **I say this ONLY as my own personal rationalization - I don't know if you have medical issues or whatnot - So this may not apply to you!** Either way - if your getting the 64, your fine!

Personal observation - As people with issues surrounding food, we tend to overdo everything. So just because you see someone say they drink 100oz of water a day, that does not mean that you have to. They may sweat alot of that at the gym, or whatever. You probably used to berate yourself about the amount of food you ate, or the kinds of food, the weight you gained, etc. If you have the same thinking now, it will just manifest differently - ie, I dont drink enough water, I am a bad person. "John" gets in 100 oz so I should too. STOP. Listen to YOURSELF. What do you think is best for you. And try to do whatever it is in moderation and be happy!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views