Checking back in...almost 3 yrs PostOp

HaloEcho
on 6/22/11 12:50 pm - Aurora, CO
As much as I thought I would never be that person who didn't come back on here and keep in touch and be available to people who had questions, that is exactly what I turned into!  Today I was so glad to get back on OH and update my blogs & pictures for the first time in well over 2 years!  So I just wanted to jump on the message board, reintroduce myself and say hi.  I pretty much put some of what's been going on with me on my blog, so I won't repeat it all here.  Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to talk to some of you and keep up better on this board. 

Thanks!
*Angel
glendary
on 6/22/11 1:09 pm
Read the blog... love it.

Checked out the photos.  Wow what a change.  Yes, you have lost weight but boy look at that smile.  Your current photos all have a big smile and the way you dress shows how much you are enjoying life.

congrats!
cabcab
on 6/22/11 1:10 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Wow!  A fellow Denverite!  There aren't that many people from Colorado on here.

I know right now I'm on the forum a lot, but admittedly it's not as much as it was the first few months.  I can imagine that at 2-3 years out it will be few and far between as hopefully I will be out living my life to the fullest.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

BJUpNorth
on 6/22/11 1:31 pm, edited 6/22/11 1:32 am - MN
Wow, you have done a wonderful job with your tool! You look so happy and beautiful.

I can't blame you for not being on OH all the time. Now you are out living your life. That is the way it is supposed to be.

Thanks for stopping back in and encouraging all of us here in the OH family with your words and pictures.

Take care,
Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 1:53 pm - Castle Rock, CO
also from CO ... congrats on ur success. truly inspiring!
media604
on 6/22/11 5:53 pm - GA
Wow Angel! You look awesome and your blog post was wonderful. I can't wait to be where you are. I'm 7 days post op today and a revision from  a lapband to a sleeve. Everything is going great so far, just would like to be able to drink more at a time right now! And sleep! I can't sleep over 4 hours at night since coming home from the hospital, ugh!

Do you mind posting your stats for us? It's so great to hear from a sleever so far out! One of my biggest anxieties with this decision since I already have a failed band is that I will find myself 3 - 5 years out regaining and that it will be muuuuuuch too easy to eat by then and hunger will be back.

How have you dealt with this and how has your restriction remained throughout your years. Are you dealing with hunger again? Do very small portions still satisfy you? How about carb/sweet cravings? Do they haunt you?

Any info you can share will be great!

Leigh
pebbles4388
on 6/22/11 8:46 pm - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Excellent! You look great! It's nice to see how members so far out from surgery are doing.

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Kim_M
on 6/22/11 9:18 pm - LaPorte, TX
Wow you look great!! I am comming to your town next Tuesday.We are some of the invaders    lol.We stay in Auroa .Fireworks softball tourny.Getting ready to pack today how is the weather.Last time some of our Texan little girls 12 then got cool at night.Do I need  to bring long sleeves this year.See and you thought all about wls lol. I learnes from below sea level to Pikes Peak was not a good idea!!!Have a good one

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
HaloEcho
on 6/23/11 5:51 am - Aurora, CO
Just wanted to say that I've posted a new blog for anyone who had more questions about my experience and progress.  Thanks for asking and all the kind responses!  You guys rock!!
Most Active