Gotein review and giveaway!

Waning Woman
on 6/23/11 1:09 am - TX

Monday, June 20, 2011

VSG surgery Gotein product review and Giveaway

The peeps over at Gotein sent me out a box of freebies, portable sticks of protein powder that you can stick in your purse or your gym bag and mix with a bottle of water for an instant shake. The portability is a HUGE selling point, but if you're anything like me and you can park a Prius in your purse, this one is kinda lost on you.

I will tell you that the idea of protein shake in a stick sounded about as appetizing as dehydrated turkey comb and rooster foot stew in a pouch. Full of protein? Yes. Full of deliciousness? Not really so sure about that. But Gotein sent them to me, so I was absolutely going to try them.

I wanted to use refrigerated water, so I took bottles of Ozarka that had been sitting in my fridge overnight and made the shakes with them. I poured out a little bit of the water and tried to put all of the Gotein in, but it wouldn't fit. I got a spoon to try to help the process, but I just made a powdery wet mess all over the counter. As far as the shake itself, it took WAY to long to shake up and there were floaters all through it. It was pretty much the same for all three bottles. Then...I ACTUALLY READ THE DAMN DIRECTIONS!!!
Vanilla had a do over!
Oops, sorry. User error y'all. I hadn't actually poured out enough water.

Once I poured out the correct amount, what was watery and uninspired turned into protein shake  OMG!THISISREALLYGOOD-ness.

All of the shakes run a little on the less-sweet side of the spectrum. The strawberry has REAL strawberries*, the chocolate kinda tasted like Quick to me, while the vanilla was a little blah to me. However, once I hit the vanilla with a packet of Truvia, that was the catalyst that it needed to take it over the edge. I seriously liked all three of them. even my friend who doesn't drink protein shakes ever had to agree that the vanilla+truvia was the shiznit. I think they've officially made me a fanboy.

Pros:
Incredible flavor
NO aftertaste
No grit
Did I mention that they taste great?
No really, they're goooood.
Very portable

Cons:
A teeny bit pricey, but right now they have a 20% off coupon code-MED05 Click the link on the upper right to check them out.
I don't have more of the stuff.
Well, I actually DO have more of the stuff, but is for one of you!

To enter for your chance to win your very own trio of Gotein protein powders that have been sitting on MY very own KITCHEN TABLE!!!!! and very likely sniffed by my pet, here's what you gotta do.   Comment on this post for one entry. Follow this blog via email subscription or Google friend connect. Follow me on twitter for another. Like the Waning Woman fb page Like Gotein on fb and tell them I sent you! Spread the contest like buttah and tell your peeps about it on fb, blog, twitter, etc   That's a total of 6 entries! Make sure that in your comment, you tell me how many of the above you've done so you can be properly credited. If you have privacy concerns, just shoot me an email ( my name at gmail) and we can work something out.   Good luck!

*the strawberries were likely sourced from an intergalactic strawberry cloning station cause that shake is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

To enter the contest comment here. If you're not a follower be sure to leave a way for me to get in touch with you
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
blakereimert
on 6/23/11 1:16 am - TX
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just posted how I am having great difficulty getting protein in because all the drinks I have tried (and there have many) all make me vomit. Im going to go and try this. Thanks so much for the information:)
Jenijeni
on 6/23/11 3:33 am
Sounds good! I'm willing to give em a try!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

tawana2q
on 6/23/11 4:09 am - NY
 sounds good cause honestly I get tired of food and be looking for something in the liquid form and all I have is Isopure which is ok but I want different.... Im willing to be a guinea pig lol

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views