Guess it's my turn for a stall whine....

sarytyr
on 6/24/11 1:32 am - Round Rock, TX
VSG on 02/17/11 with
So I have had some slow loss in the past 6 weeks or so.  I am just over 4 months out and all along I have had bounces like 2-3 lb for weeks on end - fine!  Do I like it? No.  Do I know it's part of the process? Yes. Knowing that my exercise is not yet anywhere close to what it should be, I have been taking it in stride.
My sleep has been crap and I am still dealing with menstrual **** (still waiting for my first period after hormonal intervention of my last 3 week long period).  But from yesterday to today I gained over 4 lbs - my goodness! the food and liquid I took in yesterday couldn't even have weighed 4 lbs non-the-less be worth 4 lbs of calories! Just whacky - ****** me off a bit, makes me feel guilty for not exercising more but that being said, not much else I can do but push through this - push water, get my protein in and GET MOVING!

~*Sandy*~ Ht 5'7" HW 262/SW 254/GW 160/CW 155

Valerie K.
on 6/24/11 2:34 am - Dearborn, MI
 This happens to all of us. I hate stalls but they do happen. I guess so our body will catch up with us. You will find inches come off so welcome the stall I try to but am not happy all the time lol. Congrats on your weight loss.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

sublimate
on 6/24/11 2:45 am - San Jose, CA
I'll whine right along with you.. it sucks!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

BriarRose
on 6/24/11 2:59 am
Although I don't have the TOM issue....between the fat burning release of hormones, and the menstration issues, you must be crazed !!!! Those 4 pounds are probably hormonal based, and although they show on your scale, eventually they will disappear !!!

Just hang in there -- I know how frustrating this is....but one day, just as they appeared overnight, they will disappear too !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
wannabeprettyinpink
on 6/24/11 6:32 am - MN
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I can agree and whine right along with you.  My scale hasnt moved all week. every morning nope - not even .2 of a lb.  But I just remind myself - I am exercising more - 2 days with a trainer, water aerobics once a week and walking 5 days a week, so it could be fat becoming muscle too.  Either way, I know I am not done with this journey and this too will pass. 
But like the cartoon - Patience HELL -  I want to kill something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katier825
on 6/24/11 9:10 am
Not much else to do but what you are doing now.  Keep the protein up, plenty of fluids, keep carbs down...even lower a little might help.  Don't forget to watch sodium too.  I will balloon up if I have too much sodium.

Are you checking your measurements?  I always lost lots of inches when the scale slowed.

Hang in there!
onehappygirl
on 6/25/11 4:42 pm
take heart! Soon your stall will break, you will lose alot of poundage, then bingo, a new stall will set in. This whole experience for most of us is a few days of weight loss, followed by days and days and days of "maintenance". Maintenance is now my new word for stalls. I have got the maintenance stuff down pat. LOL!