Miserable

Valerie S.
on 6/25/11 4:48 am - CA
Please tell me I will be happy I did this at some point. I had surgery wed, and am still so uncomfortable and bloated, I can hardly stand it.

sleeve genie
on 6/25/11 4:52 am - Alhambra, CA
congrats on your surgery,  you will be so happy you did this believe me.  The first two weeks were the hardest for me.   Walking is the best thing to do for the bloating and healing in general.  Be good to yourself,  take your time when you start eating again.   walk sip rest and repeat and you will start feeling better really soon  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Shari H.
on 6/25/11 4:54 am - MI
 You will be happy you did this at some point.    And, I suspect, it'll be sooner, rather than later.  The bloated feeling, and some discomfort, is normal.  Although it seems counterintuitive, you need to walk.  Take whatever pain medication you were prescribed as often as prescribed (especially for the first week) and get up moving around, even if you are just walking around the house.  Sip your fluids - carry a bottle of water around with you if you have to.  Do your deep breathing and coughing exercises or use your incentive spirometer.  Rest in between walks.  It gets better ... it really does!  When you lie down, try to lie on your left side.  Sometimes that helps to pass some of the gas.

Welcome to the losers bench!  Glad to have you join in on the journey to better health!

Shari
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Valerie S.
on 6/25/11 4:58 am - CA
Thank you

roundater
on 6/25/11 5:19 am - Lincoln, NE
Most of my bloat was from the anesthetic. moving around (walking) does help a lot. If it still keeps up see your surgeon. You normally should see them 3 weeks out.. Good luck.
Rich Sonderegger

thethinme
on 6/25/11 6:10 am - NY
I felt exactly the same. first week i even regret doing it.

first month is really hard, physically and mentally, but then things turn and all gets better each day. and when you see the weight coming off, the pants size dropping and looking 10 years younger by the 3rd month you going to start asking yourself: why oh why I didn't do it 10 years ago? why did I lose all this time in that body? ;)

hang in there. wait 2 months. they will pass faster than you think.

you won't feel like this forever, I promise! ;)

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/25/11 8:01 am
 Valerie - we were sleeved the same day, so I am with you on this.  I am trying my best to sip, walk, rest, repeat.  I've passed quite a bit of gas today which is helping, but I can still feel it.  Hopefully by one week out, we will both feel lots better!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

TrixieGirl
on 6/25/11 1:54 pm
I too was sleeved on the 22nd.  The nurses had me up and walking around by 8:oo pm that evening then again every 4 hous for about 10-15 minutes.  Since I have been home I have been walking as much as possible and feel pretty good.  I am experiencing some back pain on the right side behind my biggest incision, but figure it is due to the stomach being pulled out of that incision.  Also I guess I am just super excited about getting this done and the rewards I plan to reap from it!
Hang in there as it all gets better and like to others say, sip, walk, rest, repeat.  Best of luck to you!
trixie girl

Most Active