started an exercise program this week! (kinda long)

_aprilh_
on 6/30/11 12:26 am - OK
Okay so this week I decided it is time to start moving. I have lost enough weight now that I am starting to get pretty saggy so I thought I better get into the routine of exercising and making it a priority. A co-worker mentioned a new yoga class at the gym near work on Tues  and Thurs mornings at 0600. My first thought was... yuck, yoga and who wants to get up that early...that means I will have to get up at 0430 to get there by 0600 since I live 30 minutes away. But wth, lets do it. So I went. Tuesday I was so tired all day from getting up early it almost killed me. I was a walking zombie but on the flip side I felt so good about myself and I was so proud of doing it. It was a very rewarding feeling. So the more I thought about it, the more I realized I liked working out before work and I could get a full hour of exercise in. So I called my co-worker and we decided to go do cardio and some light weight lifting on Wednesday (yesterday). I had so much energy yesterday it was crazy! I loved it. I think I may even come out on my days off early in the AM. Again I felt so good. Sure I am sore, but I am so very proud of myself. Today was yoga again. I find the yoga does not give me the energy the cardio/weight lifting did yesterday but I still like it. It is more difficult for me because of my bad knee  but the instructor is really good about working with me. I have struggled with fatigue since surgery and now I see that with exercise, your energy actually increases! I knew that all along but I still had the "fat person" mind frame of exercise is the devil... it sucks and will drain all of my energy. Not now! I want to keep up this feeling. So please when the time comes and I know it will when the "fat person" rears its ugly head, please remind me how important exercise is and how good I feel when I do. I hope this will encourage you to get out and exercise. I will admit the one thing that has really helped is having the workout buddy to be responsible to. She is a blessing from God and I truly appreciate her. Take care of yourselves today and be blessed in the Lord!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

byebyeburden
on 6/30/11 12:33 am
I believe any exercise is good....

I did yoga when I was younger and always liked it, it always kicked my butt.  I might have to try it again.  Congrats on your weight loss it sounds like you are doing really good.
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

mylastchance
on 6/30/11 12:45 am
What????   You mean like actually move off of the couch????   Ohhhhhh.....yeah....that exercise thing....yuck!!!  Still have a problem with that...........I know you wanted to be reminded how important exercise is and all.....so I will remind you now.....go exercise!!!!  It's good for you!!!!!  Wish I could do it too..........I will work on that......just got a Zumba  collection so when I get back from vacation....I promise I will try to get into that....no workout buddy around but will try to get motivated....really want to get rid of this last 3.5 lbs...just to know I did it.
Good luck to you and continued good losing

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Nicole S.
on 6/30/11 12:55 am - Vallejo, CA
Yeah yesterday I was feeling kinda blue and didnt want to work out, yet somehow I managed to drag my butt off the couch and dance to Just Dance on my Wii for an hour!  I sure did feel better and took out my aggression and moodiness on the wii.  Thank goodness it doesnt fight back  lol
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Susan0714
on 6/30/11 2:41 am - Kenner, LA
I had a friend that had the bypass we went to the mall yesterday and walked it twice.. Later we found out that we walked 4 miles.. YAY.. But living in Louisiana, the mall or a gym is the best place to go with this heat..

I know what you mean about getting up early and being tired.. When I worked out with a trainer, I would get up at 530 to be there for 7am, and worked out for 30 minutes and it was hard, but I have heard on the Today show, that working out at 7am or earlier, gets your ametabolism going..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Most Active