Simple, Yet Yummy

Shari H.
on 6/30/11 9:11 am - MI
 Hi all,

Made a super-easy and very yummy thing tonight and figured out the nutrition info for my log, so I thought I'd share it.  It isn't anything fancy, but the numbers may be helpful for someone:

1 lb Perdue Ground Chicken
1 - 16 oz can Fat Free Refried Beans
Spices to taste - I used:
Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Chicken Seasoning (abt 1.5 tsp)
Garlic Powder (abt 1/2 tsp)
Chili Powder (abt 1 tsp)
White Pepper (abt 1/2 tsp)

Spray a frying pan with some Pam and brown the chicken.  Strain and rinse it to get as much fat as possible off.  Plunk it in a bowl and add the refried beans and spices.  Mix it on up.

This made (for me) about 7 - 1/2 cup servings.  For each serving, stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  You could add salsa and/or fat-free sour cream, or do what I did and add 1 slice of fat-free sharp cheddar cheese and zap it for another 30 seconds.

Here are the numbers (without salsa, sour cream or cheese) for a 1/2 cup serving:

165 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 9 g carbs (2.5 g fiber, 0.5 g sugars), and 16 grams protein.

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Sandy S.
on 6/30/11 9:25 am

Thanks Shari, it sound delisous   I will definetely try it when I get out of my liquid phase.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
its4maya
on 6/30/11 9:49 am - Cypress, CA
Mmmm....delish! I'm just starting my mushy stage and do this with just the beans and I can add the meat later. But where are those yummy tortilla chips to scoop it up with? Dang. Someday!

Smardeepants
on 6/30/11 10:22 am
Sounds yummy, I'll be trying this once I get to mushy foods! Thanks for sharing! 

lrwright09
on 6/30/11 10:56 am - MI
It sounds good.  I wonder if I could just do it without the beans.  I have never been able to eat them.  I'm sure it will reduce the protein, but the chicken has a good amount, I guess.

Pre-surgery weight:  285
After pre-surgery diet:  271   
Susan0714
on 6/30/11 12:44 pm - Kenner, LA
Shari,  That sounds so good. When I read your recipe I was laughing only because I made something very very simplier.. I used ground turkey instead of the chicken I did not care for it that much..

I did add smoe seasoning and some taco seasoning as well.. But, thank you for the chicekn recipe, it sounds wonderful.. Will add that to my list of recipes to try..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Most Active