Who totaled their Car?? ME

Marriott L.
on 7/6/11 1:43 am - San Diego, CA
So I totaled my car on June 18th, 2011. Serious accident that has obviously left me carless, and with severe elbow/arm injuries bc my arm was propelled into the windshield by the airbags. Probably going to need surgery to fix my Ulnar Nerve Damage and this is tearing me up. I started this Journey at 312..day of my VSG-301..now almost 6 months our..I'm only down to 261 and I am going to stall. I was working out regularly at One Life Fitness here in Norfolk..but since the accident I haven't been able to so much as lift my arms while recovering from all the bruising...and it just upsets me so damn much.

Had this not happened I'd still be off and running and be OUT of the 60's! I've been here now since my 4 month check up..and it worries me that I'm gonna catch hell from my surgeon..car accident or not. I just need to get better and get back to being me and continue my weight loss...but working out is oN hold untill I get cleared by PT/OT..and that doesn't look like its gonna happen with this type of injury.

Dont know what to do....
any advice ya'll?

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

jfab1978
on 7/6/11 1:45 am - CA

Ouch!  Sorry to hear about your accident!  You could still lose weight if you continue your diet, right?  Can you walk?

Marriott L.
on 7/6/11 1:47 am - San Diego, CA
YES...good point..looking like my 28 lb 2 1/2 year old is going into her heavy stroller for walks lol

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

roundater
on 7/6/11 2:16 am - Lincoln, NE
Yes sorry to hear about your accident. Definitely keep up the walking. It has helped me lose. Let me know if I can help further.
Rich Sonderegger

SuperRN597
on 7/6/11 3:27 am
I am sorry to hear about your troubles.  But, the ability to continue on your journey with little to no exercise is still there.  Follow your plan even more closely while you are unable to  exercise like you did before.  I spent the first 9 months after my surgery sidelined due to a knee injury then knee surgery and PT after that.  I wa not cleared for ful activity until late December, so I have had to achieve my results on little to no exercise until recently...just now up to walking 3 miles in an hour and that is my limit.  Look at my results, it can be done and all is not lost.  If your surgeon is not accepting that you have done what you can with what you have, that is his problem.  Do your best, you will still get to goal...it just may take a little longer than you planned.

Good luck to you.
 Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

sublimate
on 7/6/11 3:42 am - San Jose, CA
I pulled a muscle in my arm about 3 months ago and have not been able to do any arm exercises since. I just do a lot of leg strengthening stuff and walk on the treadmill. Those are the bigger muscles anyway so more involved in burning calories than arms.

Also like SuperRN said, focus even more on your diet. I find eating primarily dense lean real protein with small amounts of veggies really keeps things moving.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Lisa D.
on 7/6/11 12:56 pm - New Orleans, LA
Go walk at the beach.  It takes more energy to walk through the sand and if you can wade out a bit you will get good resistance in the water. Or if it is too hot go to Seashore State Park and walk the trails.  Beautiful and shady.  You will be fine.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active