NUTvisit

Becca20015
on 7/6/11 9:04 am, edited 7/6/11 9:04 am
Hi to everyone! I am meeting with my NUT on Friday. I have to take four days of food journals with me.  Those of you who have already met with your NUT what did your meeting/visit include?   I know you will go over what things to eat or to stay away from but besides that what else did they go over with you or give you?  One step closer.....Thanks
roundater
on 7/6/11 9:27 am - Lincoln, NE
Mostly stressed that you need to get in protein protein and more protein. Emphasized that the stomach only has so much capacity and it is important to get the needed nutrients first and avoid empty calories and carbs. I usually shoot for 100 grams protein 600-800 calories and 40 carbs. hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/6/11 9:55 am
Mine gave me an 18 page packet detailing the first 6 weeks after surgery (very specific diet requirements) and then what eating is like after 6 weeks.  There were sample menus in there, recipes.  Good stuff.  Hope yours is just as helpful.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

mysticblue
on 7/6/11 10:46 am
One thing I have learned while going along on this journey is that it is important to go to your nutritionist and your surgeon with specific questions. Each time I have a visit, I bring my notebook filled with questions I have thought about since my last visit. My NUT does not stress protein like most others, especially during the first three months, and I am not allowed to drink any calorie-containing beverages - including protein shakes - as she says they only add calories with no real benefit. I now work to get at least 50g of protein each day, but otherwise I don't worry so much about carbs or fats. Each NUT is different though, and it is important to feel comfortable with your NUT and to ask questions to ensure you understand your program. And to follow your program as prescribed.  

With each of my visits we check my progress, see if I am on track, go over my typical menu, make adjustments, and work through my goals until the next visit. I think having specific goals is an important step. It gives me something to shoot for instead of just random ideas about foods that are good. I started at 300 calories a day and have slowly moved up to 900 calories, and I have consistently lost weight each week since my surgery eight months ago.

If you ever have problems with your program, check back in and make adjustments. You will find the right mix of things that will make this surgery work for you. Good luck.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views