update... its been awhile [long kinda]

miss_shavontae
on 7/6/11 12:26 pm
 i think the last time i posted i had jus got out the hospital, or i meant to post that i had just got out the hospital, this was june 18th. well since then i've been back to work, my husband left out to sea and it's jus been me and my youngest [my baby just turned 1] and life with my sleeve has NOT been easy.

i ended up back in the hospital AGAIN this past weekend and got released tuesday morning. i went in because out the blue i kept throwing up any and everything i put in my body including water and the anti-nausea meds they gave me, this went on for like 2-3 days and i couldn't take it anymore. long story short, they wanted to convert my sleeve into the RNY because i was battling with some really bad acid reflux and they said that would cure it. or something along those lines, i was kind of out of it but i do remember telling them hell to the no. the hospital stay was real uneventful: i.v., blood work, urine samples, xray, more potassium, same thing they did the first time but they had me on some kind of sedation anti-nausea meds and some good stuff for reflux. so, i've been lowkey depressed, been home from work all week because i'm still not feeling well.. mad at myself and i even went as far as to say i was better off at 300 lbs. or course that was the frustration.

so here i am a lil over a month out and i still can't get enough fluid in, its uncomfy when i drin****ep getting this watery, air bubblying feeling in the back of my mouth/throat area. no one at the hospital could explain why or what that was. mostly bcz i really cant describe it in words but it happens when i drink. i take sips and spread my sips out but it doesn't even matter, it still happens. im just so tired of this, i want it to pass so i can start enjoying my decision bcz right now things are def looking opposite of how i want it to be.

any advice would be great, its kinda hard to pour out everything i'm feeling but... this is jus it in a nut shell. 

hope all the other June sleevers are doing great! thanks for listening.
       HW: 308 |  SW: 288 |  CW: 237 |  GW: 187

StepN2ANewLife
on 7/6/11 12:43 pm - AR
 I am so sorry to hear about all that you've been through. Today is my one month surgerversary, and I wouldn't know what to do if I was experiencing what you have over the past month. I pray that all goes well from here on out, and if you need someone to talk to/with, feel free to hit me up anytime....you're on my FRIEND'S LIST!!! We're here to support one another!!! I wish you well!! I'm praying for you! 

*Never Let a Dark Past, Cloud a Bright Future*

http://free2bme4eternity.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel: XxFemTationxX
miss_shavontae
on 7/6/11 1:20 pm
 thank yu. girl.. i was doing so well.. it was almost like it was too good to be true in the beginning. i feel dumb because i'm thinking it's gas but i'm so unfamiliar with my body the only gas i can think of would be to like pass gas which isn't what i'm feeling. idk. im confused 

Could_It_Be
on 7/6/11 12:54 pm
Big hugs heading your way!
miss_shavontae
on 7/6/11 1:20 pm
 appreciate it! 

candegurlee
on 7/6/11 12:58 pm - CA
Omg I am feeling the same way, why did I do this! I haven't had to go back to the hospital THANK GOD!! I think I would flip out. I did get a blood clot in my wrist from the IV. I had some back up problems if you get my drift and I cannot seem to get in enough water either it is soooo hard. I had my surgery on June 21st and I'm still pretty tired and feeling a little down. I did this so I would have more energy to play with my kids and all I want to do is sleep. Everyone says it will get better and I'm waiting.  My right side hurts too like I slept wrong I really hope that is what it is. Sorry to vent also, but I think we will both make it we just have to hang in there.
miss_shavontae
on 7/6/11 1:23 pm
 i'm sorry yur also having a tough time! i kno all this will pass. it has too. no storm lasts forever and that's what i keep telling myself. as for the pain yur feeling, try sleeping with a lot of pillows, a heating pad and walk as much as yu can. walking did relieve a lot of body discomfort and pain i had. i did this mainly for my children also and i ended up sending my oldest with his grandma for a few weeks this summer just so he can actually enjoy his vacation. its sad. but.. we will make it! keep ya head up kayy =]

roundater
on 7/6/11 1:14 pm - Lincoln, NE
Lions and Tigahs and Beahs OH MY!!!!!! So sorry to hear of all your discomfort  Wish I could offer you more positive things other than prayers and hugs. I only had minimal pain not nausea and pain gone in two. I'm sure with patience and persistance you and your docs can figure out what is wrong. Prayers for you and let me know if I can help further.
Rich Sonderegger

miss_shavontae
on 7/6/11 1:25 pm
 Thanks! i'm hoping it just passes on its own. the only thing that really concerns me is the lack of liquid i KNOW im not getting, getting dehyrated is the worst! 

the doctors are clueless but i meet again with my surgeon next Friday. the meds they gave me has the reflux under control, thank Goodness

roundater
on 7/6/11 1:36 pm - Lincoln, NE
GL with your surgeon. Keep trying to get the fluids down as best you can. Hugs and prayers for you.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views