TOM question, girlies

skinimini
on 7/7/11 8:47 am

Hey ladies!

Excuse me for beoing ignorant about TOM and VSG... I have not had a period in over 5 YEARS, because I have the "Implanon" in my arm for BC.  Anyway, when a TOM question comes up, I always skip them.  Well, lo and behold, I have started my period.  I have gained 5 pounds in 3 days, I think due to this period and the fact that I just traveled across the country, so I think swelling and water weight from that has contributed. ( I know I haven't actually gained 5 pounds!! )  Just wondering how long the water weight usually stays with you when TOM visits?

My 1st month surgiversary is in TWO days, and I don't want this 5 lbs. draggin' me down- that don't belong!

Thanks!

Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

acbbrown
on 7/7/11 9:27 am - Granada Hills, CA
Usually about a week I notice an increase. 5 lbs sounds about normal for where my weight fluctuates during TOM.

It's weird because when i was 420 lbs, I would feel bloated but never noticed. Now as I'm getting smaller, I can feel it more in my clothes and it sucks (just a little OT complaint :p)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

skinimini
on 7/7/11 11:10 am

I'm sure that the 100 lbs. you've lost have given you all kinds of new feelings in your body!  I look forward to an aching butt from sitting too long- like some people say.  Or freezing all the time!  I can put on more clothes, I can only take off so much ( without scareing people or going to jail! ;-)  Just a small price to pay IMO for our health and happiness!

But...being bloated is no fun thing, I agree!

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

sass.a.frass
on 7/7/11 10:11 am - white oak, TX
Hey Sheri!

I've had the Mirena IUD for Three years, with no period, Then WHAMO! Without ANY warning a day home from the hospital i was down ten lb's and a full fledged period. Same thing this week, dropped several lb's, and here's Aunt Flo  . Truely, since female hormones are fat soluable, a bunch of them are tied up in them thar fat cells. When the fat melts,,,,,,WHAMO! Here comes the flooding hormones...

I'm just hoping when I get into maintenance that I regain my IUD "benefits"   ( :

I hope ur 5lbs go bye bye real soon.......................

Insanity is doing the same things over and over, but expecting different results.

Sass.a.frass

skinimini
on 7/7/11 11:06 am

Thanks, Sass!

Like you said, Aunt Flo has not been missed at my house, so it's time for her to pack up and leave for good!  No more visits!

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

tinamarie47
on 7/7/11 11:32 pm - Hot Springs, SD
I am just coming off my "visit" and I am 3 # up...I think it's different for everyone. I am powering down the water this week to flush me out before I see my surgeon on Wednesday for my 6 month weigh in. WE'll see where I am.  It's hard when you get on the scale and see that number higher-even though you know why it's a visual F-U...lets hang in there!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active