To stall or not to stall ...THAT my dear is the question

SweetiePea
on 7/8/11 4:05 am - IA
What the hell is my body doing now??!! I broke out of my stall after 2weeks...then continued to lose for 2 weeks approx 3lbs a week. However, since my doctor's appt earlier this week it seems I gained 2 lbs somewhere. WTH??  

I''ve been very careful with my diet have increased both my protein and water by 25-30% just to break my stall couple weeks ago. Then why did I gain. I even stop weighing myself everyday to stop the madness of watching the dang scale 'for goodness sake!". I have been tracking my diet with 'myphysicalpay" application (which I love) to make sure I stay within my limits.

(sighs) Ya know...maybe I should increase my walks and bicycling by another 15-20mins? Or just take on another day.

LOL...thanks for listening. Had to vent! My special tummy likes playing with my head... HUH??
Height - 4'10"

BriarRose
on 7/8/11 6:05 am
You know, I stopped trying to figure out the start and stop to weight loss on a daily basis. So far the only three things that I can pinpoint that have a definite cause and effect on my daily weight loss are :

1. Not sleeping well. If I'm up half the night, I won't lose weight when I weigh in the am. And if I go on a no sleep jag for a few nights....no weight loss until I get a good night's sleeep.

2. Eating out. If I eat out, especially in the evening, even if I order something super healthy; I will not lose weight, or even gain. I think it's sodium. I cook VERY low sodium always have.

3. Stress. Job stress, financial stress, kid stress, ex husband stress....will kill my weight loss efforts.

And if all three happen at once (like this week ! Forget it.) STALL.

So, today, I'm eating at home, cooking at home, trying not to let things get to me, and planning on sipping about 2 ounces of wine this evening. That should get me good and relaxed. 4 oz used to do it, post op, I'm an even cheaper drunk !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
SweetiePea
on 7/8/11 6:14 am - IA
LMAO!! Cheers on the drink!
I gave up weighing everyday about two weeks ago. Was great till this morning. Shocked to find out I gained 2lbs.

So guess we'll see what happens after another week of effort.
Height - 4'10"

katier825
on 7/8/11 8:33 am
The problem with having WLS is that we become addicted to the scale.  Water weight will fluctuate daily and if you get on the scale too often, you can become depressed.  When the weight loss slows, focus on other things, such as measurements, exercise.  You will lose inches even if the scale doesn't move.  I went thru sizes very quickly starting a couple of months out.  I had my surgery in November, got to goal on June 1.  I had  a time where it took 2 months to lose 10 lbs.  Once I got out of that stall, the rest just fell off.  I am 4 lbs below goal and have maintained between 135-138 since.

Hang in there.  As long as you stick to the plan, it will happen.  Just not as fast as you'd like it to.  But trust me, once you get to goal, you'll say to yourself how quickly you got there. :)
roundater
on 7/8/11 9:44 am - Lincoln, NE
Increasing your activity level sounds like a good plan to break out of a stall. I have had my share of them too.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active