Green Smoothies and Food Grade D.E.

vjb1952
on 7/10/11 2:39 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Good morning, all!  I have been reading Dr Hollywood's posts and blogs about food grade D.E. and green smoothies...she is having such great success with those, so I decided to give them a try.  I started adding 1/2 teaspoon of food grade D.E. to my morning & evening protein shakes beginning last Wednesday (I read that you should start slow and gradually increase).  A 2 pound bag was about $20 at one of our local pet supply houses, or can be ordered on-line. I will say that by Friday, the constipation I have been experiencing was going away...THAT alone was worth trying it out!  It is supposed to help cleanse your insides, plus help your hair & skin, too.

Then it was on to the next item...the Green Smoothie..I already have a Vitamix blender, so knew I had "the power"!  Next, I re-read Dr Hollywood's posts and blogs, read on-line, and bought a book on the subject too (still reading that)...on my way home from work last night, I bought a few items to experiment with...this morning, armed with my trusty Vitamix and some spinach, I combined a banana, a little fresh pineapple, a 6 oz can of pineapple juice & 6 oz of water, 1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder and the 1.2 teaspoon of D.E...and in less than a minute, I had a lovely, tasty green smoothie...OMG!  I can't believe it was that easy!  I will increase the protein...went easy because I didn't know what to expect.  (Even my husband said he couldn't tell I put spinach in, and it tasted great!) 

Hope you are all having a great week-end...It has really been hot here, so the cool green smoothie is a well-timed, refreshing addition to my program!  Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

colelea613
on 7/10/11 3:11 am - LA
OK here is a question...What the heck is D.E.?   I have heard of the green smoothies, but the other stuff????
    Cole

hollykim
on 7/10/11 4:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Diatomaceous earth. It is made from diatoms,little microscopic sea creatures,whose skeletons are ground up and ,while they don't hurt our bodies or stomach,intestines,they do scratch and kill the soft bodies of parasites like worms,slugs in the garden,fleas and ticks on the outside of your pets bodies.

Farmers use it in cow,sheep pig and other farm animals as a more natural wormer. I put it down in my chicken house to help control,order,flies and the chickens love to "dust" themselves in it to help with mites on their bodies.

About all I know about DE. Hope it helps.
H

colelea613
on 7/10/11 4:54 am - LA
Then why would someone want to eat it?

hollykim
on 7/10/11 10:15 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
That is kinda the way I feel bout it too,lol. it ,purportedly cleans the colon and kill any intestinal worms or parasites out of the body. Many people sweat it is the "fountain of youth" for them.

DrHollywood
on 7/10/11 12:58 pm - Harbor City, CA
Read about Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade Human Consumption
Read what it does for humans please....   Its AWESOME!!!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

hollykim
on 7/10/11 2:24 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
i have,over a year ago,when I first heard bout it amd was researching it for use on my dogs and cats for flea/tick control. What I posted is all I can remember about it though.

DrHollywood
on 7/11/11 1:00 am, edited 7/11/11 2:47 am - Harbor City, CA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------On July 10, 2011 at 9:24 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote: i have,over a year ago,when I first heard bout it amd was researching it for use on my dogs and cats for flea/tick control. What I posted is all I can remember about it though.

------------------------------------------------------------- Well, Here is a little reminder what D.E. Does.  ( Like I asked  you to look it up
'but since you wont here it goes) 

Viv Did Not post her eating Diatomaceous Earth as a Organic insect Control,
or Pets and Livestocks benefit.  She is posting about D.E humans consumption
and why people are using DE for Human Use:

Here are some of the benefits, I ask you too look it up yourself and pay attention to
the human use. I have been taking it for sometime now and I am reaping the benefits!
"Your actually missing out!!!"  I will say this to everyone!!!!

You might ask-----"How can something that kills bugs be good for people?"
Remember DE kills bugs by scratching them -- no chemicals are involved.
For people, DE is a source of available silica. Silica is a major mineral we
all need that is lacking in our foodstuffs today
. Most are taking 1 tablespoon
of DE per day in juice, water, applesauce, yogurt, protein shake, or liquid of their
choice. After of hundreds of feedbacks, this is what they are hearing from people.

1.) Sore Joints feeling better
2.) Lower Cholesterol ( usually 50-75 points lower)
3.) Lowering high Blood Pressure)
4.) Keeping blood sugar levels stable
5.) More energy
6.) Healthier skin, softer, less itching, faster healing, psoriasis gone ( my calves us to itch like crazy, and were flaky and dry...  GONE!!!)
7.)Stronger healthier nails and hair
8.) Calming Nerves and better sleep
9.) Aid in weight loss
10.) Cleansing digestive tract of parasites
11.) natures internal Cosmetic
12.) Tissue Degeneration
13.) Did I say it has Silica in it?

MORE BENEFITS!

• Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
  • Silica fades age spots
  • Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
  • Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
  • Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
  • It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
  • Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause 
  • Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
  • Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
  • The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
  • Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
  • In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
  • Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
  • The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
  • Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
  • Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
  • Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
  • Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
  • Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel, thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
  • Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
  • By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
  • Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
  • Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer's disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.

7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

hollykim
on 7/11/11 1:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Um.like I said,some people consider it "the fountain of youth". But I have no problem with that or with it.

I certainly didn't feel obligated to look it up and read all about it simply because you ASKED me to. It is not really important enough to me to "pay attention" to at this point in my life,maybe tomorrow it will be,who knows.

I answered a post  giving the information I knew off the top of my head and it was correct info. I never said Viv was talking about non human grade,she said that clearly,but organic insect control IS what I was talking about,although I did buy the human grade for my pets/chickens cause I would be around them pretty closely.

If the person who asked what it was had wanted in depth info,they can look it up themselves but it was kind of you to post it here for them.

Oh,and about that ketone stick? I had 26.4 NET carbs yesterday and my pee stick? Barely a trace....so there ya go,we are all different.

DrHollywood
on 7/11/11 2:52 am - Harbor City, CA
Either you try it or you dont!   Maybe DE will stabalize your problem that your having.
Wouldnt that be a hoot!  I know I have reaped many benefits! 

Anyhow, wishing you all the success in your sleeve journey.  Remember its not good
to be in ketosis for long periods of times anyhow.

We need vitamins and minerals in our bodies.  Making good food choices is part
of our life style change.

Have a beautiful blessed day!

Most Active