APPROVED!!!!! Wow, what a mix of emotions!

3sweetpeas
on 7/11/11 7:02 am - Tehachapi, CA
I can not believe it... nothing EVER comes 'easy' for me.. I thought for sure I would get denied and have to appeal and whatnot. My BMI barely qualifies for surgery (now that I've lost some weight) and I have no co-morbidities! Wow.. just wow! I wasn't going to call today because I didn't want to bug them, but I couldn't resist!

I am excited and scared at the same time.. this is all so crazy! 11 month process to approval is finally done! Surgery is August 10th! Pre-op diet starts on the 27th!

Whoo-hoo!!!!

Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

Nicole S.
on 7/11/11 7:05 am - Vallejo, CA
woohoo congrats to you!!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

3sweetpeas
on 7/11/11 7:08 am - Tehachapi, CA
Thanks!! :)
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

Jan G.
on 7/11/11 7:16 am - WI
WOW so glad for you!! Trust me I know its hard to wait, have obstacles..wait some more.. but as I keep telling myself.. KEEP GOING..it will ALL be worth it!!

Best to you.. will be following your progress..maybe I'll be not too far behind~

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Ashleyxx
on 7/11/11 7:17 am - Detroit, MI
Woohoo congrats girl!
KikiRox85
on 7/11/11 7:18 am - CA
Congrats. You'll be Sleeved before you know it. Looking forward to see your progress.

kaydemo
on 7/11/11 7:18 am - TX
How exciting!  I'm waiting at the moment, and I called last Wednesday, thinking it would have been 2 weeks since everything was turned in to the insurance company, but I guess there was a delay on the Dr.'s office end, because the insurance rep said they didn't get it faxed over until July 1.  Today would be the 7th day that they've had what they need, and I'm biting my nails trying to decide if I should give them another call to check the status!  The dr's office said it usually takes 1-2 weeks with my insurance company,  and since we're into the 2nd week, I want to call, but I, too, don't want to bug them!  Not sure how long it usually takes for this, but the wait is KILLING me!  I met my last insurance requirement on June 22, so I thought for sure I'd have a date by now!!!  I'm glad your wait is over! Good luck on your surgery!
roundater
on 7/11/11 7:44 am - Lincoln, NE
Awesome!! Hope your surgery is as smooth and positive as mine was. If it goes like mine you have nothing to be nervous about. had more discomfort going to the dentist than this surgery.
Rich Sonderegger

FaithForward
on 7/11/11 8:02 am - Houston, TX
Woo Hoo! Anything worth having is worth the wait and fighting for. Excited for you!
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

Onedaysoon
on 7/11/11 8:45 am - PA
Congrats! I felt the same way when I got my approval.....I was shocked. I thought for sure I would get a denied and have to appeal. Honestly, the past year that I had been doing my weigh-in's, tests and various appointments, I really didn't actually think it was going to happen, so when my surgeon's office called and said I had been approved I was actually really shocked. Good luck to you!
~Carly~
~

Most Active