Need a loan for bad credit..Help!

Linda78801
on 7/12/11 1:23 pm
VSG on 02/03/12
 does anyone know where I can apply for a loan to have this surgery for a person with bad credit.  I admit, I havent been the best at paying my bills in the past...went thru a messy seperation and now heading for divorce.  I just found out my husband hadn't been paying the mortgage on time and has defaulted for 4 months,,this was about  year and a half ago but I had continued to make my monthly payments..(I just found out when I got my credit report last week)
anyways it has affected tremendously my credit and I also found out today my insurance will absolutely NOT pay for this surgery.  Need a good ligit loan I can apply for for someone like me.  anyone have any suggestions?

Learning that life is worth living once you can breath!    
roundater
on 7/12/11 2:05 pm - Lincoln, NE
Might do a google under "medical finance companies". I did one and several popped up. Check them with the BBB before committing. Also are there any family or friends who might help? Or have you checked with your surgeon to see if a payment plan can be worked out? Sorry that your insurance fell through. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help further.

Your friend

Rich
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 2:28 pm
 The company that coordinated my surgery will also finance the surgery too with a certain amount down (I think I saw where someone said like $2000 down) and it's like $200 a month after that.  I think it's pretty high interest but would be worth it if that's your only option.  It's through beliteweight.com
Linda78801
on 7/13/11 12:53 am
VSG on 02/03/12
 I did try to contact someone at belite but still no response...this one is the one I am hoping for will say YES!!  Fingers Crossed!

Lori B.
on 7/12/11 11:09 pm
Ok, I know this works, have read about it many times: You can piggy back on someones credit to bring your score up. Have a family member or friend (or more) co sign or add you to their credit card..they will send a card and your friend or family member can rip it up. Just you having that will bring your score up but not sure how much. There are a lot of little tricks to do but mainly pay your bills on time, try to do more than the minimum payment on CC's and get the debt down ASAP! That will all bring your score up. Do NOT close any accounts down even if they have no debt on them. It will bring your score down and mess your ratio up. Doing these little things will make a difference in just a few months. Then apply for a medical loan and your interest rate will hopefully be better too.

Hope this helps.

~Lori

Good luck!
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Linda78801
on 7/13/11 12:50 am
VSG on 02/03/12
 Piggy Back?  Huh, I have never heard of that.  You mean have someone with a credit card now add me to their account and once the credit card comes in They tear it up?  I never even have to have it.  This would bring up my credit score?  Wow!  I'm in AWWW!  I'm going to ask my mother to see if she will do this for me.
Wow Thanks.

Lori B.
on 7/13/11 9:32 am
Google piggyback credit..lots of info.

Hope this helps you get your sleeve!

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Cristina S.
on 7/12/11 11:36 pm - New Britain, CT
I would try Capital One.. they are usually pretty leniant and gave me a car loan when no one else would. Make sure  you pay though because they can get annoying.

Linda78801
on 7/13/11 12:51 am
VSG on 02/03/12
 Thank u for your reply the only thing I qualified for with Captol One  is a secured credit card.  I went ahead and got it so that I can start to rebuild my credit. 

injeneral
on 7/13/11 2:39 am
I'd suggest finding a credit union and applying through them.
Most Active