1 month post-op , part 2

skinimini
on 7/12/11 5:32 am

My one month was on Sunday, but I was out of town.  I was unable to weigh, but got my measurments done.  Down 15 1/4 " !!  I was shocked!  So, we got back to my mom's house and I weighed.  I am down 26 lbs. in this first month! ( no pre-op loss)  So, I find that to be very successful!  Now, if only I could see and feel the difference.....

As I said, we were traveling around NM for the last 3 days.  That meant 3 meals a day at a restaurant!!  I lost 3 lbs. in those 3 days, so I guess I did ok!! We did a lot of hiking, though, too.

A funny thing that happened to me was, we were in Denny's, and I saw these awesome looking pancakes- that I can't have.  I honestly thought in my head, " hhhmmmm.....in a short while when I get off this DIET, I will have to come back and try those!"  Then I had to remind myself, " You are no longer on a diet, girlie, you are IN FOR LIFE!"  That made me so happy!!  I don't have to ever try those stinkin' pancakes and I will be just fine!

About my first month, I have had a very easy time of it.  I only had one glitch.  At about day 3 post-op, I was terribly short of breath.  I knew I was supposed to walk, walk, walk, but I couldn't for this shortness of breath!  I would get up to go to the bathroom, and felt like I was just finishing up climbing Mt. Everest!  When it wasn't gone the next day, I went to my PCP and she sent me to the hospital to get an MRI of my chest, to check for pulmonary embolism. ( scary!)  A blood test did show that I was at an elevated risk for this to happen, so they went ahead and did the MRI.  It was clear, though, thank God.  But it showed that I still had a significant amount of gas trapped around my lungs.  So that was why  I had the shortness of breath.  After that few days, I was good to go!

I work in the school system, so I am hoping some of my changes will be showing by the time we go back to school.  I have one month and 4 daqys before we go back.

Thanks for all of your support and help through this whole journey, thus far!

Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

Happy966
on 7/12/11 6:08 am

Your pancake story made me smile.  There are some foods I will never learn how to eat.  So, there's a lot of freedom in putting down my end of the rope before I get drug into the mud.   I'm very happy for you, and might be getting a little excited myself. 

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

acbbrown
on 7/12/11 6:17 am - Granada Hills, CA
Wow - way to go!!! That has to feel awesome!

I have a thing for ihop pancakes. I'll probably eat them again some time (in the not so near future), but I'm happy to feel like ONE is okay. I don't need 6 pancakes covered in butter and syrup. Being on mushy/liquids will remind me forever that one plain pancake is a blessing

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Tofu
on 7/12/11 6:17 am
Wow - what a great first month!  WTG!!

Since I haven't been sleeved yet, could you tell me a bit more about the pancake moment?  LOL.  Was it easier to say "no"?  Have your cravings or tastes changed since the surgery, or is it the same will power you had to muster before surgery that helped you to 'just say no'?  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing your success!  Keep up the great work.

skinimini
on 7/12/11 8:48 am

LOL!  About the pancake moment, it LOOKED good to my brain, but I really wasn't like, " OMG< I HAVE to have this pancake!  My body wasn't interested, but my brain was.  It was not hard at all to not get them!  It just passed through my head at that time that I would have to try those someday!  But I really plan to stay on point throughout the great losing phase and just...NOT GO THERE!

I have been very fortunate to not have hunger AT ALL, since surgery.  I know it can still develop over time like some people, but I hope to keep things like they are.  I have to REMIND myself that I need to eat!

I hope you are sleeved very soon and having your success!

Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

roundater
on 7/12/11 9:07 am - Lincoln, NE
Glad your trip went positively as far as your WLS . Glad your glitch was not serious and is resolved.
Looks like our progress is similar> You and I sleeved on the same day and lost about the same amount of weight (28 lbs) - My ticker was set after surgery so it does not reflect total loss. Successful journey to us both.

Your friend

Rich
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active