Temper tantrum in 5,4,3,2,....

Elena22
on 7/20/11 6:46 am
1! I DON'T WANNA, I DON'T WANNA, I DON'T WANNA take all of these nasty vitamins.  I had my follow up with my surgeon and they added extra vitamins to my regimine. I have to set reminders on my phone and everything to remember when to take them all.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Now I'm going to take my vitamins and tomorrow will be better. You may now return to your regularly scheduled web browsing. lol.
~ Elena.

Tiffany B.
on 7/20/11 7:07 am - Scottsburg, IN
Ok, how many vitamins do you normally take and how many do you take now?
Elena22
on 7/20/11 10:50 pm
Before I was taking, a multi, Iron, vit C, B12, Bit D3, calcium chewable, omeprazole daily.  Now they've upped me to 2 Multis, another dose of iron but two hours from my multi and 2 hours from my calcium. Vit C, B12, Vit D3, And 2 more doses of calcium.
~ Elena.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 9:52 am
I HEAR THAT.

I get my multi, iron, b12, potassium, prescription crap, and antacid in the AM.  I get to take those for life.

At night it's easier, calcium citrate, melatonin.

That's enuff for me, if they told me to take more I'd have to ask 'em to give me all that in one monster injection that I'll learn how to give myself.
Elena22
on 7/20/11 10:52 pm
Sleeved up I'm glad you feel me. If it were just morning and night it''d be easier.  But they've got me taking vitamins in the morning, midday, afternoon and night.  It's crazy. You gotta work on a patent for the one monster injection for your WLS family. lol.
~ Elena.

johnbertak
on 7/20/11 11:08 am - MD
I use Nutra Metrix liquid vitamins.  It's so simple - I make a "vitamin ****tail" every morning: 1 capful of multi-vitamin and 3 capfuls of calcium in 8 oz.. of water - mix for a minute and "presto" it's my entire vitamin regimen for the whole day.  Especially tasty as it's mango-citrus flavored. These are "isotonic" vitamins, meaning that their pre-digested as they're mixed (sounds gross, but it's not).  It means that the absorption rate (normally very low with pills) is 95% w/the ****tail.)  My lab numbers have been perfect and, as someone who is not a pill-taker, the convenience is great.   Now that summer's here, I do my a.m. walk (4 mi.) and come hope to make my tasty vitamin ****tail with a couple of ice cubes added as a cool-down drink.  I also take a single, sub lingual B-12 every other day to complete my regimen. I get that from a different source.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Pop-Pop

Elena22
on 7/20/11 10:54 pm
This sounds simple and so easy.  I have to search and see where I can find this in my area or online.  I hope it's something that would work for me.  Do you have to take calcium so many hours apart from the capful of multi vitamins?
~ Elena.

johnbertak
on 7/21/11 1:10 am - MD
No, you mix the calcium (3 capfulls) w/ the multi-vitamin in the same drink - couldn't be easier.
Pop-Pop

Most Active