Checking In

Kelby F.
on 7/23/11 12:35 pm - Minot, ND
 Hey All- 

So here I am with my monthly check in.. wish I could say its more but I'll admit I'm busy living life!

Weightloss: 125lbs down since August of last year!! 1 more lb and it's 100 since surgery. I have not been at this weight I bet since I was about 15. The further I get out I realize how much I still need to focus and stay on plan. It's still soo easy for me stray away from it!

Today is a lazy day for me so I'm hanging in my sweats. It's amazing to think that last year at this time I would've been sitting in size 26/28 sweats and a 3x or 4x shirt... today.. size 16 and a XL t-shirt. My older brother and I were laughing because a few years ago I had boughten this hoodie and spent a bit of money on it...well.. courtesy of too much Taco Bell and other fast food it didn't fit anymore so I "handed it up" to him. Well now it can get handed back down to me, but it's a little big!! lol I've had a few experiences like this. I had saved jeans from my 1st year of college. Well I had this super cute that my dear mom spent quite a bit of money on.. when I had surgery I was soo pumped to fit into them.. well lets just say I never got to wear them because I got too small before I remembered them!! Sometimes I still feel like I'm that 356lb person. I forget that I don't need clothes to have 3x's in front of them to fit me.

I am rocking some pretty sweet excess skin on my body, but I'd rather have this than be a PLUMP!!  know as I loose the next 56lbs which will get me to 175 which is the initial goal I set for myself it's only going to get worse, but I guess thats the "price" for being healthier and I'm fine with that!! 

You could ask me anyday of the week if having VSG was a good choice... hands down best thing I could've EVER done for my life. I'm SOO happy I did this when I was 23 and didn't wait to see "IF" I could do it on my own. 

One thing that still makes me giggle every once and awhile is when I sit in  a chair somewhere that I know my ass was a little snug in before and now theres actually space between me and the chair. It's those little NSV's that are amazing! 

Anyways.. I think this is long enough.. Hope all is well with all of you!! Even though I'm not around much.. I still love you all and am SOOOOOOO appreciative of all the support and advice you've given me. YOU ALL ROCK!! 

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

Lisa D.
on 7/23/11 12:46 pm - New Orleans, LA
YOU rock,  But a question about your attire today.  Is ND the only place in the Union that is not melting?  SWEATS??  The only sweats I am wearing are the rivulets running down my face as I pound around the track.  And I mean pound.  I must need running lessons because people pass me and it seems that their feet barely touch the ground and I am going bam,bam,bam.  Probably because I waited until I was 51 to start running!!  Keep checking in.  We love to see you.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Kelby F.
on 7/23/11 1:00 pm - Minot, ND
 See I had the honor of the 100+ degree and humidity at the begining of last week. It's only 66 here right now! The temp dropped about 20+ degrees last night when a storm moved in. 

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/23/11 1:01 pm
Great job. May you have many more giggles.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
veranda
on 7/23/11 1:02 pm
Congrats and keep up the great job!!!

SouthernmostStar
on 7/23/11 1:45 pm
VSG on 01/25/12
Great progress and very inspiring.

I'm a newby so I don't understand all of the abbreviations.  What's an NSV?  Now Smaller Vibes?   :-)

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kelby F.
on 7/23/11 1:49 pm - Minot, ND
 Non-Scale Victory.. I was clueless too when I was a newbie about abbreviations!!

Best to you on your journey!

autumn41
on 7/23/11 3:04 pm - Nipomo, CA
Hi there Kelby!!!  WTG xxx
twenty lbs. lost prior to VSG 5'6" highest weight 236 no longer diabetic                  
frisco
on 7/23/11 3:20 pm

Great to hear from you....great post.....

I would prefer that you check in more often......

In fact, daily would be good !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Susan0714
on 7/23/11 9:52 pm - Kenner, LA
Congrats on your weight loss, Kelby..

Great to see you again and hear from you on how you are doing..

I too have found clothes lately that I have not woren since 3 years ago.. I am hoping when winter rolls around they will not be to big for me.. I have a Wrigley field hoodie I would LOVE to wear..

I don't care though if it swallows me that I will still keep and wear.. LOL..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 52 views