OK so I am 7 wks out and curious...

No More Spanx
on 7/26/11 4:51 am - Rock Island, IL
Do you count protein shakes as part of your fluid intake for the day?  I know if I do not, that I am definitely not able to make the 64oz yet.   I am still drinking two16 oz shakes a day (mixed with water). 

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Ohcam
on 7/26/11 4:53 am
There was a post about this some time ago; the consensus was yes, protein shakes do count towards fluid intake. But I'll let those further out chime in. You are doing great btw, keep it up!
cattywompos
on 7/26/11 5:05 am
Mixed with water..yes I would count them.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

hollykim
on 7/26/11 5:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Yes you do since milk is on the full *liquid* diet you do count the milk. You are far enough out that you should be able to easily get in 64+ ounces a day,IMHO>
GL,H

No More Spanx
on 7/26/11 5:56 am - Rock Island, IL
I have been behind the eight ball a bit in regards to recovery.  I had to extend my progression from mushee to solid about a week and a half.  My doc said I was pretty swollen so I may expect a slower recovery and it has been.  I can actually fit about 1.5 oz of dense protein now and 2-3 oz softer foods.  As far as fluids every day I am able to drink a little more and with shakes I am getting 72 oz of fluids.  I, however, would like to get 64 oz of water alone and just can't fit it all yet.

Ann

hmd77
on 7/26/11 10:03 pm - KY
I was Sleeved a week before you and I am still not at 64 oz of water per day. It really bothers me when people say you should be because everyone is different. Like you I had a slow and long recovery. I just started dense proteins this week, so yeah, I am behind the curve. Just keep on sipping all day long and try to get the water in. I have yet to become dehydrated (even in 110* heat) - bu****ch your urine color for signs. Also, I try to drink some PowerAde Zero everyday to keep my electrolyte levels up. Don't worry, we will get there!!!
:hug:

Surgery Date  6/6/2011
Bluegrass Bariatrics
Dr. John Oldham
Add me on FB -  http://www.facebook.com/heavenly12b

No More Spanx
on 7/27/11 12:19 am - Rock Island, IL
Thank you so much for the encouragement and validation!  I am a bit of a perfectionist (probably why diets never worked for me cuz if I messed up even a little on "the plan", I would go right back to binge eating).  I have never been so relaxed losing weight that I sometimes feel like it is too good to be true.

Ann

Marcia B.
on 7/26/11 5:55 am - CA
Thank you for this post because I was wondering the same thing. :) Good to know
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views