Hi all! Long time no chat with!

Jagator88
on 7/26/11 10:30 am - Jacksonville, FL
I know its been a while since I have been on and I have missed all of you. Not much change in my situation. Still haven't been able to gain any weight even though my last surgery was in April. I am having the feeding tube put back in a couple of weeks. The nicer thing about this time versus the last time I had the feeding tube is I will still be able to eat whereas before I could not take anything orally and had to have  the feeding tube running 24/7. This time I will run it only at night while I sleep. I should be able to get 2,500-3,000 calories a night and then another 500-750 from eating during the day. I am looking to put on 50 puns (I am currently at 95 punds). Hopefullly, once the feeding tube is removed I will be able to maintain within 10 pounds of my 135 goal.

Going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. All the medications have done a number on my digestive system so I'm having things checked out before the feeding tube is put in. I am getting another jpeg which goes into the lower intestines versus directly into the stomach. This will allow me to have the full capacity of my stomach for regular food. Still can't eat more than 5 ounces. Man does this surgery work!!!

I am interested in soft food recipes as I seem to tolerate those best. Meat just does not agree with my tiny tummy. Seafood is my favorite. I can eat a good bit of shrimp, oysters, fish, scallops, etc. Met with my homegirls at Longhorn on Sunday and had the lobster and crab appetizer which is fantastic. I ate a LOT! I also had the shrimp and lobster gratin which is also very good. If you are in or near Jacksonville, FL it would be great to have you join our meetups. Checkout http://www.facebook.com/groups/184366181600731 on Facebook.
5' 7" 244/95/125 SW/CW/GW
VSG by Dr. Miguel Zapata on 06/04/2009
Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

Crissy327
on 7/26/11 10:41 am - NC
I am fairly new here so excuse me for not having met you before.

I was worried that your situation was related to your weight loss surgery. Can I ask if it is? If so, can I ask what happened?

I sure hope you get better soon. It sounds like your new plan will work. It sounds like your are very thin. I know that can be bad too.

I hope you are doing better soon!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
DiDi55
on 7/26/11 10:57 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
BriarRose
on 7/26/11 10:51 am
Hey, it's good to hear from you --

I don't do shell fish, but I do eat a lot of fish. I mostly grill it on the bbq -- but I use different marinades -- teriaki, olive oil and different fresh herbs with some lemon or lime is another favorite.

Hope everything is going well, and that your health is good.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Jagator88
on 7/26/11 10:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Crissy,

No, my current situation is not related to the wls. I did have complications but have since recovered. Unfortunately it has been a comedy of health issues since the wls. About the time I reached goal I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I lost 40 pounds during chemo and have not been able to gain it back. The main reason for this is I have had many, many surgeries including a spine fusion. Your body puts your metabolism into high gear after surgery to assist with the healing process. The wls has worked very well for me and I can't get in the required calories to gain. I hope at the end og 6 months with the feeding tube that I will be able to maintain.

The sleeve truly is a wonderful tool for weight loss. Wishing you the best in your amazing journey!
Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

Crissy327
on 7/26/11 11:12 am - NC
I am sorry to hear about all of your problems. It sounds pretty rough.

You sure are a strong woman!! You deserve to be happy and healthy. I sure hope it happens soon! 

Hang in there and keep us posted!!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
DiDi55
on 7/26/11 11:00 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Haley,

Great to see you posting.  We were hoping and praying you were recovering!  Take Care.  Di.

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

Jagator88
on 7/26/11 11:13 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Di! I do feel better than I have in a long time. I'm still significantly limited on what I can do because of the spine rods but it gets better each day. Hopefully the added weight will also make a great improvement.

Hope you are doing well!
Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

Elaine2
on 7/26/11 11:01 am, edited 7/26/11 11:01 am - Atlanta, GA
I also do mostly seafood with a little chicken thrown in.
Here's something I haven't seen mentioned in awhile if at all.
How about mussels?  I love them and they're really easy to do.

Bring liquid to a boil (could be stock, wine, water or a combo of all) throw in the mussels and cover. Let them steam until they open. Sometimes I'll throw in a can of Rotel...or some onion and garlic. Whatever you like.

The biggest problem is how much to buy,,,don't freak but I'll cook a pound (about 24 mussels).
You know several (4-5) won't open. They yield about 50-60% so you should be able to eat many of them. (10 mussels---85 cal, 11 protein)

Edited to add :  PS - looking forward to reading more of your info

Jagator88
on 7/26/11 11:11 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Elaine that sounds great. I am always looking for new seafood items. I forgot about mussels. I also haven't tried to do clams. I know there is a way to go "clamming" so you get them for free. I'm going to have to do some research. Free is my favorite price! How much do mussels cost? I can get oysters for about $40 a bushel which is not bad. 4 or 5 of us can eat for 2 days.

Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

Most Active