Oh yeah, one more question...

crystal W.
on 7/26/11 2:33 am - east liverpool, OH
I've read a lot of posts from very successful people stating they consistently eat "under sleeve capacity".  Do you mean you don't eat more than say 2 oz?  Or do you just stop eating before the slightest sensation of fullness?  I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around this.  It's like I need to feel something before I can stop.  Not sure if this is just my neurotic food obsession or is it normal??  Don't want to stretch my sleeve, but want to meet protein goals, not lose hair etc.  Sometimes I get the full sensation at 2 oz, sometimes 3-4, depending on what I'm eating.

Sleeve Vets, should I stop the minute the hungry feeling is gone?  My Nut is still out on maternity leave so I couldn't ask her about this at my last appointment 7/22.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Crystal
cattywompos
on 7/26/11 2:54 am
Well, if this helps at all... I am supposed to be eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.  Each meal should consist of 300 cals or less and 15 grams of protein or more.  Each snack should be 200 cals or less and 15gr or more, but no more than 1200 cals a day.  A serving of meat is 3oz ( about the size of a deck of cards), so my meals are usually just that and if I have room I have a few veggies.  I "eyeball" my food and stop when I feel a slight full sensation, not stuffed, just that it is there.  Sometimes I  eat less than my serving of meat and sometimes I can eat the serving plus veggies.  Now... I am nearly 10 months out. 

At your stage I had about the same guidelines... 6 meals a day 15grams of protein or more.  Usually that meant a hardboiled egg and string cheese or something like that and stay around 600-800 cals a day.  I never really measured my food (wish I had gotten into that habit) so I would eat until I felt that slight full sensation.  However, I fully think the best way to go about it is to measure it and have small meals periodically through the day and eat only what you have measured out, if you feel full before you finish, stop, if not fini**** I find that the minute I take a bite or two of food that hungry sensation goes away and if I was to stop I would never eat or eat all the time so I wouldn't stop there.   I hope this makes sense. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

crystal W.
on 7/26/11 4:20 am - east liverpool, OH
Thank you, that does help a lot.  I don't let myself get a stuffed feeling, just nicely satisfied.  I was just confused about if it is ok to have any feeling of fullness or just no more hunger.

Thanks again!!
Most Active