6 Month Checkup!!

Marriott L.
on 7/27/11 2:09 am - San Diego, CA
So! Yesterday was my 6 month post op checkup and I just wanted to let you guys know how it went!! I am down 51 lbs...from 312-259 and found out that my stall at 260 puts me in a rather unique category. Apparently I fall into the catageory of sleevers that loses INCHES at a time when pounds are not lost. I was 263 at my 4 month check up...at a size 26...I am now down to 260 at my 6th month but at a size 22..or 1x.  I expressed my frustration at the stall after my car accident last month and he said I was doing just fine.

So does anyone else fall into the Inches lost category..or has anyone else experienced this?

On the flip side...I am so out of clothes lol. I haven't worn a 20-22 or 1x in YEARS and am in my husbands Navy Sweats most of the time. I refuse to spend tons of money on new clothes when they are most likely not going to fit in a couple of months. Grr..woe to us sleevers lol

Other than that...I got a slap on the wrist for not taking my vitamins...and for still drinking protein shakes as a quick fix. My surgeon wants no shakes to enter my body because all those nutrients wash straight out...so does that leave Chewable stuff? Any of ya'll have any good websites for tasty chewables?

All in all..LOVE my sleeve...hate that Milk is now my enemy..but its SO worth it!

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

DragonGirl
on 7/27/11 4:59 am - MN
Marriot,
Congrats on your exciting journey! I have no idea about others, but this is how it went for me too. During my worst stall around month 4...I was losing inches faster than my pants could fall off!

Now that I'm heading toward goal, the pounds are moving but veeeeerrry slowly! As long as the scale is moving down I'm happy!

Treat yourself to a few good basics you can mix and match. I found capri's with draw strings were my friends, they could adjust for quite a while. Dresses work nicely too, since they can fit for quite a while. Jeans on the other hand just suck...I never stayed in them for very long. Look for thrift stores or consignment shops, I've found some great deals there!

Best of luck on your journey!!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
KrisJ77
on 7/27/11 8:04 am - TX
Hi! I'm glad your appt went good! Mine is next Friday. I'm gonna get yelled at too - I suck at remembering my pills!! My scale hasn't moved in weeks - I'm not going to freak out about it - in the beginning I was stressing over it but I gave up.  I think I'm losing inches too, like you.  The day of surgery I was in a 20 - I'm now in 16's and they are getting big.  I have two pair of 14's that fit now.  That's why I'm not letting the scale freak me out.  I can't do milk either....I also don't do well with hamburger meat and chicken.  It sucks - shrimp and meats like steak are my friends now!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views