Scheduled my surgery!

amidwife4u
on 7/28/11 2:06 am
So excited!  I have scheduled my surgery for September 28th with Dr. Aceves.  I am excited and a little nervous.  I wish I didn't have to wait so long, but I have to wait for money to be available since my insurance does not have weight loss surgery as a benefit. 

Since I have been planning this surgery, I have found my eating habits have worsened.  I think I just want to eat  the foods I enjoy one more time before my surgery.  I think I've got that about out of my system and am ready to  make some lifetime changes.  I am reasearching clear liquid protein sources and getting some samples coming.  This is a difficult task since I am allergic to whey.  I did find a source that had good reviews and have some samples coming.  I need to research the post op diet and protein recommendations and plan out what I will need to bring to work in order to meet my nutritional goals.  Has anyone used the book on successful weight loss with the gastric sleeve that is advertised on this website?  Wondering if it is worth the money.

I wish September would get here faster.  We are going to San Diego a few days early to celebrate our 25th anniversary and then will meet up with our driver at the Airport on the 27th.  Possibility it may be pushed back a day depending on flight costs.

So excited.
kimbethin
on 7/28/11 2:45 am - CA
Good for you!  The bad eating habits are pretty common pre-op.  Sime people call them "food funerals"   You feel like you have to get all of your favorites in because you'll be saying goodby sson.  I went through a lot of that and it made me wonder if i could really make the necessary changes post-op and so far so good.  I'm really happy to say that it was easier to train myself than I thought.  That being said, the surgeon's clinic being upstairs from my office makes it very easy to avoid the gift shop full of candy and snacks down the hall!  I did really stick to the pre-op diet most of the thime before surgery and that made the change easier.

If you like Italian try Felippe's on India street in San Diego' little Italy.  Some of the best pizza I've had on the west coast.  Not fancy, but god old style Italian, just in case you need a few farewells.  Also take a ride over to Coanado Island- very romantic for an aniversary!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
amidwife4u
on 7/28/11 3:07 am
Thanks for the insight on the food issue, and for the tips on San Diego.  I have not heard of the island, so will definitely check it out.

Nicole S.
on 7/28/11 5:16 am - Vallejo, CA
Congrats on a surgery date!  I can relate to how excited you are, I just got my date of August 18th.  The time can not come fast enough! 

Good luck on your journey!!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Most Active