8.5 Months Post Op Pics!!!

Kelby F.
on 7/29/11 2:34 am - Minot, ND
 Hey All, 

The support group at the hospital where I had my VSG is doing a before and after night next week which I wont be able to attend but the cooridinator asked me to send her pictures anyways. 

So, I thought I would share them with you all, too!! You'll probably to scroll over to see the entire photo. Sorry, I'm to lazy to make them smaller!

Other exciting news.. The bariatric coordinator had asked me if I'd ever be interested in working with the hospitals marketing department. Of course I said yes!! She told me that I am truly a one of their success stories! So, marketing is suppose to be calling me sometime in the next couple days!! Not sure what I would be doing, but either way it feels soo great to be considered a success... even if I have away to go! 

Hope you all have a great weekend!! 

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

Kristy R.
on 7/29/11 2:43 am - Santa Clara, CA
 amaze-balls!!!  CONGRATS!!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 2:45 am
VSG on 10/18/12
You look absolutely amazingly beautiful, and OMG so happy! Congratulations on your success and future, it looks just as amazing as you are. I am happy to see this, I am pretty much at where you started. Hope I look half as good as you do!
IrishColleen
on 7/29/11 2:46 am - Owosso, MI
 Wow!  You look amazing and you've made amazing progress!  I can understand why they want you for their marketing department.  Your before shots show your beautiful smile which tells that you were a positive person before weight loss and a healthy positive and happy person after your VSG!

You should be very proud of yourself.  You worked hard to get here and now you see the results.

Congrats!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
anninva
on 7/29/11 3:04 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
holy-moly, you look amazing.  i'm not surprised about the bariatric center wanting to have you as a marketing "tool".  127 lbs is totally amazing!!!  i'm jealous!!!

you have a fabby, skinny weekend too!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Palmettosleeve
on 7/29/11 3:11 am - Pawleys Island, SC
wow. its nice to see someone younger that i can relate to. you look great. im about the same size now that you were in your preop pic. im having the sleeve done in 3 weeks. are you in school? do you work? im tryin to figure out how my new lifestyle will fit into my life! you look great by the way. you were beautiful to start with, but now your beauty is confidence in yourself, cause you can tell in your smile. thats awsome that they want you to be a sponsor. using your story to inspire others is the best way to celebrate your loss and share it with others!
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

Kelby F.
on 7/29/11 3:25 am - Minot, ND
 Thank you!! 

I work full-time and the biggest thing that has helped me is planning. I plan out all my meals and normally cook alot of them on Sundays so they're ready to go! I've found that my new lifestyle fit in with my life fairly easily. Takes some getting use to, but now I don't even have to think about it. All my friends know about my surgery and have been very supportive about it. 

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

carrierae
on 7/29/11 3:13 am - WA
Thank you so much for sharing! I am in the wait for dr. To schedule my surgery point and seeing this post cheered me right up! From the looks of your preop pic it looks like you and I have similar body types (carry it everywhere but and for me the gut was the last place to get really big but boy did it do it quick!). I am around your same starting weight so to know you made this amazing transformation is real inspiration for me.

Please share what your post op diet and exercise has been like. Any tips you may have as well to share. I am trying to create a game plan for myself and you knowledge would really help me. Thanks so much!

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Kelby F.
on 7/29/11 10:09 am - Minot, ND
I'm happy to share!!

My diet is pretty simple. I try to pre-plan all my meals for the week. I find that when I do that I have less tendency to make a poor food choice. Here's a sample of what I'd eat in a day. I try to keep my calories around 700 to 800 per day. 

Breakfast: 1/4C Egg Whites, 1Morningstar breakfast patty, 2tbsp salsa
Lunch: 2 to 3 oz Chicken Breast, 1tbsp buffalo sauce, 1/4 c of steamed veggies
Snack: 1/2C 2% Cottage Cheese
Dinner: 2 to 3 oz of sirloin steak, 1/4C steamed veggies
Snack: Evening snack varies: sometimes it's a protein shake, cottage cheese again, almonds, fruit, or string cheese. 

My excerise varies and I know I could do a whole lot more of it. Since summer started I've been going for alot of walks, but if I do go to the gym I do about 30 mins of cardio on the treadmill and eliptical and then another 30 mins of multiple rep light weight lifting. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 3:14 am - Castle Rock, CO
 great job girl..!! celebrate 
Most Active