On the other side....

KauaiLulu
on 7/29/11 4:10 am - HI
Well I did it!  Got sleeved on Wednesday.  I am recuperating nicely.  So happy to be done with that part of the journey.  I planned on the worse and hoped for the best.  I am pleasantly surprised that the pain is not too bad and sipping so far has gone well.  Looking forward to feeling better every day.  Surgeon was unable to do a single incision and had to add four more little cuts as my spleen was ginormous and got in the way and started bleeding.  But he fixed it all and said he was extremely pleased with the shape and size of my sleeve and the surgery in general.

So here's to being on the loser's bench!  Thank you everyone for all the support.

Lulu
Enjoying the journey......

Jan G.
on 7/29/11 4:15 am - WI
WOWEEE Congrats on your new sleeve and joining the loser's bench. I am about to have my sleeve so you are 10 days ahead of me. PLEASE post the good, bad and ugly ok?

Glad you are having no pain issues ..and able to swallow.
Did your throat hurt afterwards? And how are you sleeping? My worst concern is my BACK as its already bad, plus I am having another incision fixing my umbilical hernia.

But yeah for you!!!!!!!!

Warmly, Jan
Mrsk2011
on 7/29/11 4:19 am
Congrats on ur sleeve.. I wish u a speedy recovery..

cinaflower
on 7/29/11 8:21 am - LA
I did my sleeve yesterday and am recuperating nicely too. YAY us!!!!! When I was in pre-op I started really unbearably nervous but along came the relaxing drugs and before I knew it I was waking up in my room. I  have eaten popsicles and drank lots of juice and am now drinking a my weight protein drink with crushed ice. I just have to take it very very slow and belch along the way!!! I came home with a on Q pain ball- did you? Its the ball of pain meds that come in a bag I carry that has tubes going inside that bathe my insides with pain killers. It's a ***** to take a shower with- but I was so glad to take a shower- I am all clean and lotioned up and feeling good at home. I have 7 incisions. My doc said my liver was huge but everything went well. I am pleasantly suprised how decent I feel- I just take it really easy- everything in baby steps and am making the husband treat me like an invalid and it's all working out! Let's all be a bunch of losers!!!!!
Cinamon    
Most Active