Day 6 of liquid pre-op.... Down 10 lbs! And some random thoughts.

3sweetpeas
on 7/31/11 2:59 am - Tehachapi, CA
Whew, I'm doing it! Without gnawing off my arms, lol!

I'm taking it one day at a time and it's actually going by pretty fast! I have my registration and pre-op appointment with my surgeon on Thursday!

The first day was pretty crappy.. I came on here whining that I can't even have SF puddings or LF creamed soups.. Today is a whole 'nother story! I've cut back on sugar and carbs big time, and I'm starting to feel it! I already feel so much better and have a little more pep in my step!

I will say this liquid diet is going surprisingly easy for me! Hubby and the kiddos ate a big ol greasy pizza last night and I sat at the table with my family eating my SF popsicle and enjoying the conversation.... Normally I'd been cramming food down my throat before it gets cold, lol.

For me, I refuse to 'ignore' food.. It's part of life, I have 3 young children and a husband who works long hours... I chose this and therefore I don't need to 'take everyone down with me'. I still need to feed my kids and husband, I still need to go shopping, there will always been lunches and dinners at restaurants.. Cakes and cookies at parties.. I'm already learning to put my head up and deal with it! Will I face some struggles? I'm sure I will... When I was about to start this liquid diet I told my husband I will not be cooking dinners, packing lunches, or even trying to be in the kitchen... Well, I realized that's not going to help anything to hide from my 'problem'.

Words can't even express how ready I am for my new life! I'm gonna rock this!! I don't even have my sleeve yet and to know I've gone 6 days without 'real food' is kinda mind boggling.. I always knew I would do this because I want it so bad... But I don't think I've ever felt so in control in my life! This is only the beginning and I am SO excited for what what's ahead!

My advice... For what it's worth from someone 6 days into their pre-op..

Take it one day at a time, this is advice I've seen from others and it's sooo helpful! Don't wake up and say "I've got 12 more days of liquids" instead, just say to yourself "today is a liquid day". It really does go by fast!

I make 'meals' from my liquids. In the morning I will grab my low carb Slim Fast and a cup of coffee and actually sit at the table and enjoy my breakfast alternating between the coffee and Slim Fast. Or, I will have my water, broth and a side of jello. I really think having little 'liquid meals' helps! You can sit at the table, be social and feel a bit 'normal'. I also took SF Popsicles off the stick and crushed them into a bowl and sat down and ate it with a spoon. Switching it up is helpful and just adding in a spoon and a bowl made it feel like I was eating something different.

Anyhow, just some thoughts from me and to let others know that this CAN be pretty easy!

Have a great week everyone!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

G-Wiz
on 7/31/11 3:09 am - LA
I have not had to do a liquid diet yet! My surgery is scheduled the day before you.???
I go for pre-op on 2nd, but i have been doing two meal replacements and a protein bar daily with a little grilled foods and salad, ect for 1 month.  I hear everyone say that the need weeks of fluid, what is wrong with me..... no i lost 35 pounds and kept it off for 9 months then started going to the surgeon... Have lost another 15# in 120 days visiting with nut./dr. so I guess I don't need alot of liquid days!????

Just wondering!!!!!

HW:387#,  CW: 341.7#,  SW:326.5#, GW 180#...
SLEEVE SURGERY DATE  AUGUST 9, 2011.....                      
3sweetpeas
on 7/31/11 3:16 am - Tehachapi, CA
Good luck with your surgery!

As for the liquid diet, from what I've seen around here, it varies by surgeon. I'm on a 14 day clear liquid diet with meal replacement shakes ( 900cals max a day). Some only have to do a few days, the night before.. Etc. I don't think it has anything to do with your pre-op weight loss... Just your surgeons way of doing things
Tamara

Spiritus
on 7/31/11 3:37 am - Hawthorne, CA

Oh Miss Tamara!

Thank you for starting a great thread!!  You and I are at just about the same weight/height and the same surgery date!  My pre-op is tomorrow and it is at that time that I will find out if my surgeon will keep the August 10th date or pu**** back.  Your attitude is great and one I hope I can adopt if surgery is a go!

I am sure you will succeed far beyond expectations and I look forward to tracking your successes!!

~Vickie

3sweetpeas
on 8/3/11 10:05 am - Tehachapi, CA
How did your pre op go? are you on your liquid diet now? Good luck with everything!
Tamara

Primyzia
on 7/31/11 7:02 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with
hi :) I'm very happy that things are going good for you. I have 15 days of liquid diet and the first few days I messed up  but after talking to some people here and plus family and friends are very supportive Ive been back on track and I feel pretty good about it, it really does get better   GOOD LUCK and I hope the next thing we post on here is how great the surgerys went                           

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

3sweetpeas
on 8/3/11 10:03 am - Tehachapi, CA
Yeah, I saw your post but didn't get a chance to repond.. How are you doing now?.. It DOES get easier.. I am on day 9 and feel fine still.. good luck with your surgery!
Tamara

injeneral
on 8/3/11 10:00 am
Glad it's going so well for you so far!!! I am in the same boat as you -- my surgery is the 15th.
3sweetpeas
on 8/3/11 10:05 am - Tehachapi, CA
Thank you! Good luck with your surgery!
Tamara

Most Active