Weight loss percentages

kkyymm
on 8/1/11 12:23 am - Lincoln, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about how much weight I can expect to lose. I know it is different for everyone I am looking for averages. My surgeon told me that with the sleeve it is an average of 30% of your total body weight or 70% of your excess weight.

I am 45yrs old. 364llbs. I am worried that if I only lose 100 I will still be obese. I am having my surgery in a couple months after waiting 6yrs.

Thanks

USAF Wife
on 8/1/11 12:30 am
There are tons(no pun intended) that have lost and maintained 100+% of our Excess Weight.

The big losers I can think of the top of my head that you search for on here or in the search topic up top are MissEye (she dropped 200lbs), Frisco (dropped almost 200lbs), Jimbo has dropped 330lbs, and they all did in less than 18-24 months post-op. Jimbo is still losing, MissEye doesn't post much, but if I recall she dropped hers in less than 18 months. 

The sleeve will give you the weight loss results you want if you are willing to work your sleeve. We get out of it, what we put into it, literally!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

kkyymm
on 8/1/11 12:41 am - Lincoln, Canada
That is awesome. Makes me feel so much. I like how you put we get out what we put in :)

Dawnie 88
on 8/1/11 1:17 am
I started at 354 lbs..a size 32 jean..now 15 mths later i weigh 210 lbs..wearing a size 16 jean and XL shirt.  I am still losing..YES..you can lose all that you want to lose..

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views