WOO HOO, NSV - Size 12 (kinda long)

_aprilh_
on 8/7/11 12:04 am - OK
I am sooooo excited! I can't believe it, I put on a size 12 yesterday and while they are snug, I got them on!!!!!!    I never imagined only 4 1/2 months out I would already be here. I was a size 22-24 pants and a 3x top now, size 14 pants fit well and XL top. I am almost 6'0 tall so this is huge!!!!!!  I will never be a size 5 my bone structure is bigger than that  .  The last time I posted, I was having a bad time and everyone encouraged me. I love OH! I appreciate each and everyone of you! The sleeve has been a huge blessing. Before the sleeve I could not walk a block without pain. I had to take the stairs with only one leg and it was hurting! Now I am walking 2 miles, taking the stairs with both legs! I can play with my kids more. I even felt confident enough to apply for a nursing professor job.... and I got it!!!!!! Who would have ever thought!!! So Thank you! Thank you OH friends for your support and encouragement! Thank you Dr. Walton for doing my life changing sleeve! Thank you to my friends who were there to encourage me to have the surgery in the first place. I plan on making these changes for life. I don't ever want to gain the weight back! This is too awesome.

If you are on the line about having the surgery..... do it! Especially if you are obese with co-morbidities like myself. I am down to one heart/bp med that  I take for a congenital heart defect. I would stop taking it but my heart rate gets too high w/o it. My b/p is good enough I could stop taking it but it is the heart rate issue. My shot knee is sooooo much better. My degenerative disk in my back is better! I have so much more energy and to top it all off, I don't look like to fat mom any more, I look like a healthy person.

I asked my daughter if when I said: "when I look at myself I see a healthy person now instead of a fat person", if it sounded bad or rude and she said yes, but that is the way the I feel. I was walking and saw my shadow and was amazed at how small it is. This has all happened soooo fast! Sometimes itis too much to grasp. It is amazing!

Again, if you are contemplating the sleeve.... do it!

Thanks again for everything!!! I love you all!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

skinimini
on 8/7/11 12:16 am
You are doing awesome!! So happy that you are feeling better! 6 feet tall and in a size 12?, You must be a skinny little thing!!

Thank you for the great, motivating post!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

HollyLaLa
on 8/7/11 12:36 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 I am right there with you girl!  I have not fit into a 12 as of yet I am only 5'3.  Yes this was the best decision that I have made.  Diets just didn't work for me.  This has changed my life.

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
BriarRose
on 8/7/11 12:46 am
WOW great stuff !!!! I'm with Holly, and the short people -- You at such a wonderfully tall height must look amazing !!!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Gracieteddy
on 8/7/11 1:00 am - IA
You have done an amazing job! I am thrilled at size 16 right now. I am having a long stall after losing great for four months. Any ideas?
_aprilh_
on 8/8/11 10:40 pm - OK
Usually I just go bak to the basics. I really watch my water intake. I ensure I am getting enough protein and I usually take a laxatixe to ensure I am not constipated. All of these have been reasons why I haven't lost - not taking in enough water, lack of protein, and constipation. You can do this!  The other thing you can do is change up your exercise routine. That might help as well. Trust your tool! You will be back on the losers bench in no time.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Gracieteddy
on 8/8/11 10:52 pm - IA
It is amazing how this stall has affected me before the stall I was feeling good about good about where I was but now I feel really fat! I have stepped up the exercise that always seems to slow me down for some reason. I will stay on track and hope it breaks soon! Thank you!
J.e.t.
on 8/7/11 2:01 am
 I just love these "best decision I ever made" posts. They've kept me free from most anxiety during the wait for my surgery date--thank you!.  Congrats!
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

BJUpNorth
on 8/7/11 8:24 am, edited 8/6/11 8:25 pm - MN

I am just so happy for you. Fitting into a size 12 has to feel like a wonderful accomplishment. It is truly amazing how this surgery changes our lives, but the health stuff is an amazing blessing.

Keep up the wonderful job.

Brenda

roundater
on 8/7/11 12:30 pm - Lincoln, NE
Woo hoo!  Great NSV both in clothes and the job market!!
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views