Pain on left side, any ideas?

KauaiLulu
on 8/7/11 2:41 am - HI
 Aloha,

My surgery was 7/27.  All has gone very smoothly from water intake to well, everything.  Except: Since from about 5 days out I have had a sharp pain in my left side.  When I take a deep breath, sneeze or yawn it causes a sharp pain.  It kinda feels like those pains you would get from running real fast (at least from what I can remember since it's been so long, haha)  I am not overly concerned but wanted to know if anyone experienced this and if they had any advice.

Thank you.
Enjoying the journey......

kimbethin
on 8/7/11 2:50 am - CA
You've had that pain for a long time.  I think I would call the surgeon in the morning to hear what he or she thinks.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
emelar
on 8/7/11 2:51 am - TX
It's probably the incision they pulled your stomach through.  So it was cut larger than the others and has some internal sutures and, yes, it aches more than the others.  It's not unusual to be achy and in pain (within reason) several weeks out.
cancelsbronx
on 8/7/11 3:20 am - Stamford, CT
Hello,

I bet you that you are not taking the pain medication they prescribed you?  I do not blame you, neither did I.  I had revision on 7/12/11 from lap band to sleeve and I too have felt a slight pain on my left side of the abdomin.  I will see my surgeon tomorrow and let him know.  Pass it by your surgeon to be on the safe side but it sounds like something expected, besides you are only a few weeks our (10 days).  If you chose not to take the pain meds, I do not blame you..  Good luck and let us know how things go. 

Regards,

Santos:)

lgrause
on 8/7/11 4:51 am - OH
my sleeve surgery was on 8/1/11 ... i just started having the left sided pain yesterday evening / last night.... still lingering on today... I have my 1 week follow up tomorrow and I am going to ask about it.  I quit taking the pain meds 3 days ago, really don't feel as if I need them - i don't think that I have had significant pain that's bad enough to warrant the medicine...

let me know how it goes with you.
brownowl
on 8/7/11 5:54 am
hi i had my sleeve done 6th july 2011 and i have pain on my left side insition where the stomach was pulled out off when i sneeze or bend down it hurts a sharp pain like the one you are having i am seeing my gp next wednesday and i am going to ask if it will get better and i have stiches still sticking out of the skin too the only one i am having bother with now is where they sited my drain its a bigger hole to heal and hasnt yet xxxx
krystals
on 8/7/11 6:37 am - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
Hi, place a heating pad on the area were you are having the pain for like 20 min. Make sure not to put the heating pad directly on the skin. Hope this helps!!
Most Active