Pop-Pop @ 160 lbs. down - 8.5 mos. post-op

johnbertak
on 8/10/11 5:16 am - MD
Whoa!  Out of the shower and on to the scale this a.m. and, and, and....264 lbs., that's a lot of weight to be sure, but for me it means I've lost 160 lbs. since my program began; I had surgery 11/24/10. 
So, there was an added spring in my step as I walked the golf course (7+ mi.) this morning - several unsolicited comments from my senior golf buds about how I'm lookin' better and better.  Nice to hear.  And my game continues to improve.  (Did I mention I had a hole-in-one last month?  Yeah, yeah, I know I've mentioned it several times, but when did YOU have one....?Sorry, I digress.)  
Anyway, life continues to amaze as the lbs. come off - still finding mega-bargains in local thrift stores, esp. golf-shirts, shorts, pants, etc., like new and sometimes with the original tags still on them.  And regularly giving up my old clothes to the same stores.
I'm off all Rx. meds (daily vitamins & aspirin, that's it) and while I can eat anything, I choose to stay pretty much on the high-protein regimen.  And my hair's not longer thinning, just me continues to thin - awkward sentence, that.
To anyone who is debating, considering, pondering, WLS - especially any senior or boomer citizens, I would suggest that if this 65-year-old geezer can do this thing, you probably can too.  Maybe not as fast (I was in sorta good shape for a really fat guy (425) when this thing started), but you can do it.
Today's a nearly perfect day:  I played good golf, meaning I had fun.  My grand kids are here for the day and we'll all sit down on the deck for a nice dinner this evening - I'll cook turkey-sausage & veggies on the grill.  And later, when they're gone, wifey and I will sit and perhaps sip an after-dinner beverage as the stars come out.  Life is good - and getting better every, single day.
Pop-Pop (pix on profile)

wert
on 8/10/11 5:25 am - MN
You're my hero! Thanks for the update. I look forward to them. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Jeanne T.
on 8/10/11 5:32 am
Mine too!!! Congratulations! 

Elaine H.
on 8/10/11 5:37 am
You look great - so does wifey - I too am 65 and down
95 lbs - best thing I have ever done for myself. I look and feel so mush better. I have 55 lbs to go.
CONGRATS to you.
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
theshrinkingmimi
on 8/10/11 5:44 am
"Life is good" -I love it.   Happy golfing!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
SandraKay
on 8/10/11 5:51 am - San Antonio, TX
I'm 64 and had my surgery 2/28/11. I decided age was going to get in the way of having this surgery. We Boomers can do this too. You look fantastic. Congratulations!!!!
Sandra
HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
roundater
on 8/10/11 7:45 am - Lincoln, NE
Good job pop! Add another senior boomer geezer to your list of admirers and followers in your footsteps - me!
Rich Sonderegger

veranda
on 8/10/11 10:17 am
I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Most Active