ABSOLUTELY NO WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK!!!

bc32084
on 8/9/11 10:19 pm - VA
i weigh myself at my doctor's office every tuesday.  i lost .2lbs which has me exactly at 185.  my nut says i have to eat more or stop working out.  i can only assume she knows what she is talking about as she is the professional.  she says i need at least 800 calories w/o working out and 1000 if i do.  this is impossible for me right now.  i simply cannot get anymore food in my sleeve than about 2oz at a time.  my doc did a 34 boughie. 

my nut said i could try adding nuts to my diet in order to add calories, but i did that to try and make it closer to 700. she said that since i had the sleeve i could eat higher fat/calorie foods.  i DID NOT want to do that.  i don't think she was giving me a green light to go crazy, but maybe incorporate them sparingly.  i have been doing good with sticking to the eating plan i was given and i don't want to deviate until i am closer or reach my goal weight. 

i am eating a lot of  grilled/baked chicken and fish and they simply don't pack on the calories.

i normally only workout 30 mins about 5 times a week.  i didn't start out too big, but i don't want to be saggy when i lose weight.  at this point i am not sure what to do.  in order for me to get the amount of calories my nut says i need to workout and lose weight i have to change something, but what?????

carolineblack
on 8/9/11 10:54 pm - London, England, United Kingdom
 I had my surgery on the 4th April.  So far I have lost 46lbs but I have stalled for the past FIVE weeks!  I know how frustrating this is and I hope yours doesn't last as long as mine.  I agree with you about how difficult it is to eat more than we are.  I am on high protein and really no carbs and I am lucky if I can eat 800 cals a day.  It should be falling off of me but my body is going through adjustments and my hair loss has just started.  Try and stay positive.  I am starting to believe that there is very little one can do to avoid stalls and hair loss.  It is just a process and sooner or later it will pass.   

michellemj
on 8/10/11 12:57 am
There are going to be times where you don't lose weight. It's just part of the process. She wants you to stop working out? Does that really make sense to you?

I didn't lose a pound ALL month. Oh well. But I've still lost 114 pounds in 10 months. When's the last time that happened? Ummm...NEVER.

As long as you stick to your plan of 600-800 calories, at least 60g of protein and less than 40g of carbs, the weight will come off. Personally, I don't listen to my NUT because if I did, I would be eating 1200-1400 calories which is just WAY too much. I don't have the capacity to eat that much. Please learn to advocate for yourself. Your NUT may be a "professional" but that doesn't mean that she always knows what is best for you or your sleeve.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

bc32084
on 8/10/11 3:11 am - VA
no she wasn't telling me not to work, she was just saying that if i did, i would need more calories...

but you are right, she may not know what is best for my sleeve...i will stick to the diet plan for sleeve patients in general and hope this is simply a stall and not a situation where my body is in starvation mode.  hopefully in a few weeks the weight loss will pick back up
theshrinkingmimi
on 8/10/11 6:25 am
Of course she doesn't really want you to not work out! I've seen this over and over again at a hospital weight loss program here and on the Biggest Loser. I have seen people's weight loss increase by simply increasing your calories because they are working out. People on this forum have talked about how they increased calories for their workout while still in the weight loss phase. 

She's not telling you to binge- not that you can. She's not telling you to snack all day.  And at this point if you can only get 2 oz at a time, then add a meal. Do 4 meals instead of 3.  I know you can do that. If the weightloss continues to stall, consider what she said- add 2 ounces of fish. The stall may break on its own.

Don't panic.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views