Can I expect to lose this?

Disappearing Me
on 8/10/11 2:04 pm - Murphysboro, IL

Fair Warning - Pictures below!!

My belly looks hideous.  Awful.  For what it's worth, I had three back to back pregnancies and the middle one as twins.  I got absolutely huge.  Then I lost a lot of weight and gained a bunch of weight, had the sleeve and lost it all again. So here I am.  197 lbs.  I'm wearing a size 16 but th legs and thighs are so loose.  I have to cram my belly into my jeans.  If I didn't have to do that I think I may be a 12.  So here's a couple pictures.  Can I expect to lose this or do you think it's going to hang on and I'll be forever tucking it in?  Last time I lost a massive amount of weight it was there, too.  I got down to 172 lbs that time so I'm not holding out much hope.  I don't know if this is extra skin, I'm sure it has some fat with it.  But it's so floppy.  I can fold it, pull it, tuck it.  It's just there.  I have the same problem with my back. 

tripmom02
on 8/10/11 2:09 pm - NJ
 I am no help b/c my belly looks exactly the same, my first pregnancy was triplets and my belly NEVER went back to "normal" after that, and then after my last baby it's totally shot. I am hoping that once I get down to goal my hubs will consent to plastic surgery, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Disappearing Me
on 8/10/11 2:13 pm - Murphysboro, IL
Isn't it awful?  And of course I had a classic c-section instead of a bikini cut so it makes my belly in an even weirder shape.
tripmom02
on 8/10/11 2:23 pm - NJ
 Same here! Classic for the first, a hybrid for the second! It gives the belly that lovely upside down heart shape  I have never been one to really care about my weight, but the belly thing does bug me, I don't mind the flappy skin in other areas, but its so hard to get clothing that's flattering when you have to hide that thing!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Kelly L.
on 8/10/11 2:28 pm
I will have this too, and I hate mine. Don't know how but hoping to get a tummy tuck later!!
USAF Wife
on 8/10/11 2:33 pm
As much as I want to give you hope, even at 125lbs, my stomach looks very similar. My doesn't hang down over my pubic area, but I have that extra skin, roll of fat on my lower abdomen as well. I was a size 2 at 125lbs, and still had it.

Sadly, with my current pregnancy that extra skin, fat roll has practically tripled in size and my stomach is kind of in 2 parts. I'm not sure I can describe it correctly. I have a distinct belly bump, and then the extra skin/fat roll is way lower than where it was.

I had a drastic c-section even though it is the bikini cut, I had 84 staples to close up the incision. Literally, that 13 year old scar is still very obvious because it stretches from one side of my body to the other.  It's so creepy looking, and I'm having a repeat c-section. I know that if I ever really want to lose it that I'll need surgical intervention. At this point, I'm simply praying that it shrinks back up after Tatum gets here.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

lsereno
on 8/10/11 2:40 pm - CA
 Tiffykins,

Your surgeon may be able to clean up the old scar and get rid of some extra tissue when they close up the C-section for Tatum's entrance to the world. 

My husband had some drastic stomach surgery a couple of years ago. It was an emergency operation so they had to go back in last year to put everything back in order in his intestines. When they did the second operation, they moved his belly button back to the middle of his tummy ( after the first operation it was off on the left side and looked pretty weird) and when they closed the incision after the second operation, the scar is only about 1/4 inch wide. After the first op, it  was 1-1 1/2 inches wide because he got infected and had to heal by secondary intention (they remove the stitches and leave stuff wide open- you have to clean it out and pack it with gauze).

Lynda
Disappearing Me
on 8/10/11 2:45 pm - Murphysboro, IL
Thanks Tiffany, I always get good feedback from you!  I hope yours straightens out after Tatum gets here and maybe your OB can give you a little tuck. 

I just hate having to tuck my belly into my jeans and it looks funny!
anewsweetjessa
on 8/10/11 5:44 pm - IA
My belly is a lot worse and when I started losing weight it got so much worse and now cottage cheese like blah nothing I can do but work out and eat right good luck hun welcome to needing surgery again

cattywompos
on 8/10/11 9:12 pm
After all the pregnancies that you have had, your tummy muscles are just plain shot. I have the same thing!  I call it my spare tire with pathches because I have so many surgery scars.  I don't think that there is much we can do about it.  I'm thinking surgery will be in my future (I hope).  Doesn't hurt to work your abs though, I am, not seeing a big result, but I am gonna work em anyway! :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Most Active