2 MONTH POST-OP UPDATE

skinimini
on 8/10/11 1:59 pm

Well, today is two months out from surgery.  I have had a very easy time with things.  I have not had any problems with any foods, since going to a normal diet.  I don't do so great in the liquids dept.  I get maybe 48oz in a day- if I'm lucky.  Just never have been a big drinker!  Protein, I get between 50-70g a day.  I still have one protein shake a day, or else I wouldn't make it! Carbs are usually right around 35-40.

I have been exercising, but very sporadically.  I am just so worn out all the time!  No energy at all.  My doctor is putting me on the  B-12 injections to see if that helps.  The pills are doing nada for me!  ( They also told me to up my carb. intake to 100g a day!!!  uhhh.....NO!!)

So, for this month, I have lost 14 pounds and 13 3/4" !  That is super!  I am so amazed and happy about that!  But.....no one is noticing a difference in me, and my clothes are a little looser, but with all those pounds and inches, I just can't imagine why my clothes aren't just hanging off of me!!  I mean, I didn't wear skin-tight clothes before!!  So that is very frustrating, but I am believing that this month, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!! ( agree with me , please!! ) ;-)

So. overall I have lost a total of 40 lbs. and 29 inches! ( All post-op) Not too shabby in my book!

Hope you all have an awesome month- as I plan to!!

HUGS,

Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

Steph4575
on 8/10/11 2:07 pm - TX
That is fantastic, and I can't imagine that nobody has noticed.  Maybe its more that they are afraid to say anything.  Especially if they don't know whats going on.
My close friends who know what has been going on, have seen a small difference.  Obviously nothing huge though, as I'm only a week out.
I would definitely say to try to work more on liquids, and I hope the b12 does help your energy levels.  Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 2:40 pm, edited 8/10/11 2:40 pm
It's weird how when you lose weight nobody notices for a while then - suddenly - everyone does! It will happen. Soon. It can't be far away if you've lost 40 lbs. I've heard several say that 50 was the magic number. It depends on what you started at of course. With me it will probably take about 60 for people to start noticing. I have lost 37 and I am just getting into a few clothes (jeans) that I couldn't wear for a long time. But I'm still also wearing the same 3x's that I've worn for the last 5 years as well, they are just a little looser. But it will happen. You're doing great!
theshrinkingmimi
on 8/10/11 11:12 pm
Not to shabby at all sleeve sister! 40 lbs in 2mths is a big deal. 

I think some people haven't said anything to me because I lost before and gained it back. I didn't lose it all, but I lost about 110 and spent most of last year gaining it back. Quite frankly, the people who do say something tend to announce it at the most inappropriate times. In a room full of people that I don't want to discuss my weight in front of- "you're losing weight!"- ugh.

Just keep recognizing yourself and taking photos. I would find the clothes thing frustrating too.  But think of it as your body's way of giving you a chance to save up for the shopping spree that's about to come. My clothing size changes are based on my slowest areas of reduction- arms and abs.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views