Sleeved & Home!!

sunshinexoxo
on 8/16/11 3:30 pm - MI
I'm sleeved and home... I arrived at 6:15 and by 9:15 went in for surgery, woke up with groggy, pain and so much discomfort. They pretty much drugged me up and was sent to my room. The doc decided to take the gallbladder out too. I guess that explains why so much discomfort.

The second day i had some complication. I had that infamous thought of what did i do to myself. My heart rate kept dropping and i couldn't breath right. Every time i shut my eyes 5 or 10 seconds later i would gasp for air. The asked me if i ever had Asama attack or used a C-pap machine, i said never. So after 9 long agonizing hours my Family was furious and demanded a respiratory doc to check me out. 

The respiratory doc came in examined me,  and asked the nurses questions and if they had me on oxygen....umm no, why? What do mean why , cant you see her heart rate dropping? She shouted LOOK AT HER HEART RATE I don't remember details but i know that doc was pissed off as hell. I remember her saying get her out of this room now we have to start a breathing treatment on her immediately. My surgeon was notified and then the next thing i remember that 2 of Dr katz assistance were there in my room. They said i was going to be fine. They put me on this machine that lasted like maybe 5 minutes or so. And my airways were clear. I had maybe 2-3 treatments that night and I felt good and finally i slept in peace (without feeling chocked)

The 3rd day i had to be on oxygen when i did my walking. I couldn't eat anything. i just didn't want to but ice chips worked for me.

And the fourth day, other than the swelling and soreness i felt great and was sent home with loratab and lovenox.

And I've been getting better everyday. I started walking as soon as i came home. I felt out of breath when i walked but i was determined to clear my lungs out. I walked 5 houses down and then 10 and now i walk for 60 minutes a day. I feel fantastic.. No problems other than the gas from hell but I'll live LOL.  I love my sleeve. Honest to goodness i would to it all over again. No regrets here!!

Thank you my OH fam for your prayers and support. I couldn't of done it without you. Mauh!!

Nadia
becca2297
on 8/16/11 5:50 pm
Sorry you had difficulties.....Glad you are home and doing better!!!!  You're better than me on the walking part....you're doing great....

Consult weight =312    SW=299    CW=233   GW=160
I am 5'7"   Lost 13  of these lbs on the 2 week liquid diet.
sunshinexoxo
on 8/20/11 3:34 pm - MI

Thank you! I'm doing so much better now. I push myself to walk, beats the hell out of watching food commericals LOL..

Blessings!

DrHollywood
on 8/16/11 7:25 pm - Harbor City, CA
Hi Nadia,

I am sorry you had difficulty.  I was on oxygen the whole time and completely forgot about it
until you mentioned it.  I remembered the whole two days wanted to be on it like those
oxygen bars and asked for it and they just let me have it. 

In your case,  wow that sounds scarey....  I am glad to hear your ok now....

Congratulations with your sleeve.  The first month is the difficult.  Hang in there...After
about a month you will be able to fully start enjoying your sleeve.  Oh and the time will go by
mugh faster....

Cheers!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

sunshinexoxo
on 8/20/11 3:44 pm - MI

It was scary... That's all in the past now. I'm doing really good. I walk 2 miles now. I've lost 10 pounds and i feel great. I'm still trying to get in all my protein.. I'll get there.  Thanks Doc for all your support!

Blessings!!

Everchanging
on 8/16/11 7:32 pm - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
Hey Nadia,Congrats on being home and sleeved.Sorry that you had some  difficulties ,I'm sure that was pretty scary and I'm glad that everything worked out and your doing well.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

sunshinexoxo
on 8/20/11 3:51 pm - MI
Hi Everchanging,

It was scary but i got through it. Thank God! Thank you for the king=d words. I see your going to have your surgery next month. It will be here before you know it. And we'll be here to support and cheer you on.

Blessings!
Most Active